Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Wedding Day!!!!! (=

Hi everyone!!
It's the moment you've all been waiting for...well, at least..the moment WE'VE all been waiting for over here!!  
The morning of July 4th dawned horribly muggy and rainy.  Again.  But that didn't dampen our spirits!
I also finally decided - Merida would be my maid of honor.  Rayne agreed and was actually relieved that I chose Merida.  Win-win!
I had spent the night with them up on the shelf, to keep tradition - The bride and groom aren't supposed to see each other the day of the wedding.  I think that you humans have that tradition as well?

We rummaged around in the dresser for a good while.  Blondie found a hair clip that matched PERFECTLY with Merida's dress -we'd found a fancy Barbie dress lying in one of the drawers back over at our shelf, and decided Merida should wear it to my wedding because she was the maid of honor.  Merida was not amused, but she's such a good friend that she agreed to wear it anyway.

Rayne pulled Merida's hair up (which was NOT an easy task! :P)  and clipped it carefully with the hair clip.

Blondie's hair was braided, and Merida wrapped a necklace around her neck several times until it was short enough for her to wear.  

And then Rayne and I exchanged dresses.  
Although they'd all seen me in Rayne's wedding dress before, Merida gasped, pointed, and said, "Now THAT is perfection!"  
Blondie gave a little, excited giggle, and Rayne clasped her hands in excitement as well.  I felt a sudden wave of embarrassment - I wasn't used to so much attention!  
"C'mere," Merida said, gesturing.  I did, and sat down.

Merida knelt behind me and got to work with the hairbrush.  She's actually quite the hairdresser!  

We tried two different looks.  The first one was having my hair loose, and me holding the engagement ribbon...

And what we were planning to do anyway - braided hair with the engagement ribbon tied in place.  
We decided that the braid worked the best.  

Annnd here's a picture of all us gorgeous gals.  I think Merida looks best - I heard that pink doesn't look good on redheads, but I think she looks AMAZING in that dress!  I think she was starting to even like it.  
Suddenly, though, we heard familiar whistling.  Flynn!
"Oh no!" I squeaked, pulling the veil off, crouching and twisting the skirts around my legs so the skirt wouldn't poof out so much.  

Merida and Rayne stepped in front of me, and Blondie in front of them.  
It must have looked pretty amusing to Flynn, - Blondie's pretty small compared to the rest of us.  
I heard Flynn ask where I was at, and they said that he couldn't see me anyway, because of tradition.  
"The ceremony's about to start, and the 18 inchers" - I peeked upwards towards the dresser, and saw that Elizabeth, Christy, and Hailey were watching us with smiles.  Oh, and there was Julie! I wanted to wave but didn't want to be seen by Flynn.  -"are getting a bit restless."  
"Okay.  Well, turn around, then."  
He did, and with a lot of skirt rustling, Merida and I slipped around a corner until Flynn 'assumed the position'.  

Rayne and Blondie walked down the aisle side by side, and then turned off to the side to sit and wait for the ceremony.  As we waited to make our grand entrance, Merida talked.  I was starting to feel queasy. 
"Should I be doing this?"
"Yes!  Of course."  Merida said.  "Ya like him, don't you?"  (Oh - you may notice that I've been typing Merida's monologue without the Scottish accent attempt - it's to make it easier for everyone else to read.  :P)
"Yes.  I love him.  But still - we've only known each other a little while since we've been out of our boxes."
"But you've known him for a good while overall?"
"Yeah..."
"Then you're good to go.  No secrets?"
"No..."
Suddenly, we heard Blondie call out a question as to where we were.  
"Showtime," Merida said.  

I followed her out, clasping at my stomach when I felt nauseated.  "I can't do this."  I mumbled quietly.  I tried to turn around, but Merida kept me snug at her side.
"We're right in front of Flynn, and he's seeing every move you make, so don't do anything 'less you mean it.  Rapunzel, we all know how you are with important decisions.  Do you want this guy, or do you not?  Because I think you're about as ready as you can be.  But if you don't want to, better decide now, or forever hold your peace."  she whispered.

I finally looked up and saw Flynn waiting.  For me.  Just a few steps and I would be a married doll, to the doll I did, in fact, love dearly.  

With a deep breath, I took a sudden step forward.  Merida was a bit surprised, I think, but she tried to keep in step with me.  

When we were in front of Flynn, Merida gave my arm a squeeze and then went to sit by the others.  

Flynn gave me that adorable grin of his and held his hands out.  I took them and grinned too.  Merida jumped back up, untied the ribbon from my braid, and handed it to us. 

The doll marriage tradition is that the engagement ribbon is held in both the male and the female dolls' left hand, then tied in a knot.  

And here's the knot!!  We managed to get it right in the center of the ribbon, which was pretty cool :D

As soon as the knot was made, Flynn dropped it, tipped me back, and we kissed.  

After that, I scooped up the ribbon and Flynn linked his arm in mine, before we walked side by side back down the aisle.  He took the ribbon from me and set it in a safe place.


And then after that, we had to have a quick photoshoot, of course.  We didn't get as many pics in as what I was hoping, but oh well!  


I just noticed that I didn't get a picture with Rayne and I! :(  




Then I gave everyone hugs and thanked them for participating and making the best day ever even better! :P




After that, Flynn and I headed back to our shelf and just sat and talked...   

..For a little while, anyway.  After a short amount of time, Tangled Fan suddenly bustled into the room, picked us both up, and tossed us onto the bed, asking us to model for her while she drew.  (See...she even DRAWS Tangled stuff. It's a bit creepy, actually; how much of a Tangled Fan she really is.)  
I was a bit miffed, naturally.  Well, wouldn't you be, if you had just gotten married less than two hours ago, and were recruited, quite quickly, to model for drawings, rather than relax?!  Regardless...I requested some more pics - since she had her cell phone with her anyway.  And she told us that whatever sketches were good enough to finish up, we would be allowed to have hung up in our little shelf spot.  
So this was our first modeled position.  I guess it was supposed to be like from the movie, where Rapunzel and Flynn are dancing in the Kingdom Dance, and finally run into each other just as the music ends?  I'm not sure, though.

And I guess this was supposed to be like in the movie, where Rapunzel finally realizes that Flynn isn't coming back for her.  We had a bit too much fun with this one.  I kept giggling.  

"Oh, Rapunzel, Rapunzel, what is wrong, my dearest?"  Flynn joked.  I have no clue how he kept a straight face, because I couldn't!  
Still keeping my position, I busted out laughing so hard I had to lean up against him.  
That's when Tangled Fan glanced over.  She looked at us, looked at her paper...looked at us...with a confused look on her face.  If I would have had tears to run down my face from laughter, that's what would have been happening.  Even Flynn lost his composure.  
"Very funny, guys..."  I guess she finally ditched that position idea, because she erased a lot off her page and explained to me what she wanted for the next one.

I actually liked this pose, and she showed me the final sketch, which was also good.  
Then we were able to have some picture taken.  




As you can see in this picture, I have to stand on Flynn's boots, on my tiptoes, and Flynn STILL has to ben down some in order for us to kiss.  It stinks being short!  =P

And this one looks funny.  In reality, Flynn was just holding my hair.  But at the angle in which it was taken, it almost looks like he's wrapped in my hair.  Like in the movie :D

'Stargazing'...only there weren't any stars to gaze at.  




Suddenly, Tangled Fan dashed for her window and slammed it shut.  
"Rain was coming in," she explained. 
She left the room, and we clambered up onto the windowsill to look out the window. 

"I so wish it would stop raining so much.." I grumbled.  
Flynn nodded, and then stepped aside.  

"What?"  I turned my head to ask him.

"I have...well, that is..."
"Spit it out," I urged with a chuckle.  
"Tangled Fan came to me this morning before the ceremony, and said that she'd found some little five-year-old girl in her closet that would make the perfect first kid for us."  He said quickly, then grinned.
"Note how she told you, not me," I muttered quietly.  

Sure, I'd thought about kids.  I wanted kids.  But that was definitely moving too quickly.  Not only were we married already, but having a kid around already, too?! 
"Flynn."  I wasn't sure what to say, to explain myself, so I just gestured.  

He caught my hand mid-gesture, and pulled me in to him.  "It's fine.  I can understand why you don't want to. I just would really like a family, and when she said that she'd likely be either selling her on eBay or sending her to Goodwill, I just thought it would be a great opportunity.  She said it would take quite a while before we would actually become the guardians of her, so it's not like we'll be parents by TONIGHT or anything.  Even I know that that would be moving too quickly!"  Flynn explained.  "But if you don't want to, that's perfectly fine as well." 
"She'll be gone soon? Like if we don't say we'll take her, she'll be gone by the weekend?"  
"Likely, but I'm not sure."
I shrugged my shoulders and pressed my chin up against my one shoulder, turning away from Flynn to think.  
I remembered how I'd felt when I'd held Julie.  I'd suddenly felt the need to have a little child to tend to - it would sure take the dullness out of the days.  But then I wouldn't be able to go exploring the room with Merida anymore.  Unless, of course, those days would be when Flynn watched her.  And an older child would be perfect to start parenthood off with - not a wee baby, although I wouldn't mind having one of those, either!  Oh, goodness.  There I go again with the big decisions!  I needed to talk with Merida, or Rayne, or someone.  I could talk with my own husband,  (oh, he can be a bit of a risk taker, but I still love the guy - enough to  'squee' when I typed that!) Anyway, but Flynn was pretty biased.  Och.  
Finally, I turned back to him and looked at his face.  He looked like an excited little kid himself.  I imagined Tangled Fan telling that little girl she might have found a home for her.  I bet she had looked just as excited.  And then maybe I could take her with me and Merida when we went to visit with the 18 inchers, so she could play with Samantha, Julie, and Nell - they'd love that!  How disappointing would it be to Flynn if I told him no?  Would he hate me forever, for giving up the chance to save a doll who'd likely been here for a long time?  Us dolls have to stick together, you know.  I know he would probably respect my decision as his wife, but then would I hate MYSELF if I told him no?  Maybe I'm thinking into it too much.  I tend to do that, in case you haven't noticed already :P  I had to say something.  
"Why don't we sleep on it?  And I want to talk to Merida or Rayne, as well." 
"What is your personal opinion?"  Flynn asked, still looking a little hopeful.  
"I don't know, hon.  I just don't know...it's been a really long day and I just need to sit and think - you don't make life-changing decisions on a whim-" 
"But we've already made two of those life-changing decisions on whims within the past two weeks or so."  Flynn finished for me.  "I understand, and respect that."
We started to go back to our shelf.  
With a sigh, I asked him if he'd hate me forever for not wanting to take her in.  
"Rapunzel, I just took you as my wife today.  If I would hate you forever over something like that, I don't think I would be being a very good husband, do you?"  He asked, half-joking.  Then he turned serious.  "I love you.  Whatever decision you make is fine with me.  Just remember that I'm here if you want to talk about it, and I'll try not to be biased."  He put an arm around my shoulder and kissed my hair.  
Leaning my head against him as I walked, I told him I loved him too.  

What a day it was...I'm going to leave it at that and try to think about it some on my own before I go talk to Merida and Rayne tomorrow.

And on another note, happy 4th of July to all my readers!  I hope you all have a safe and wonderful day.  I know I had probably the best 4th of July a doll could ever have!!  (=

No comments:

Post a Comment