Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Flynn here - 1 week anniversary!

Thursday, I woke up early, in anticipation of the day's events that I'd planned.  When I woke, though, Rapunzel was still fast asleep.  I just laid there and watched her.  When she finally did wake, she turned to me with a smile, telling me good morning.  She slid her arm comfortably onto my chest, and I put a hand on her arm.
"Probably should get up now, cause they're expecting the girls soon."
She gave me a completely lost look.  "Huh?"
I tried to keep from laughing, as I explained that Merida, Rayne, and Blondie had agreed to watch the girls all day today.
"Ohh.  All day?"  She asked.
I stood, in hopes that she wouldn't keep after me about it - cause I wanted it to be a surprise day - but then I remembered who I was married to.
She followed me to the 'deck', grinning and asking what we were going to do.
"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you."  I said,  trying to not smile at her curiosity.
"Fine."  She pretended to sulk, but only for a few minutes.  She grabbed my arm and tried to tickle me.
However, I am not very ticklish.  But I did know one thing.  Rapunzel was very, very ticklish.  I wrapped an arm around her and started tickling her back.  She started to squeal, but cut it off short when she realized she would wake just about every doll in the room if she would.  She pretended to be mad.
"You're terrible."  She managed to escape my grip and crossed her arms, getting a mock-raged look on her face.
"You started it!" I laughed at her attempt to be mad.
She gave me a shove, and I grabbed her hand before she pulled it away, and pulled her in for a quick kiss.
She gave me the world's biggest (and cutest) smile.  "I...I'd best get ready, then, if you're not gonna tell me what we're gonna do."
She left, and I got to work getting the kids ready.

When she came back, she had a defeated look on her face, wearing her usual dress and her hair in a braid.
"I couldn't find anything decent, so this'll have to do...sorry."  She didn't meet my eyes, and I could tell she had really wanted to dress up for me today, even though I could care less about what she was wearing - just as long as I got to be with my girl.
I swept her up into a hug and told her she was beautiful.  She smiled again, and then turned to see Merida peeking over the edge of the shelf.
"Ye gonna bring them kiddos up anytime soon?"  she asked.
Rapunzel nodded, and we got to work.
When all four of the girls were settled, I watched as Rayne held Hallie.
She smiled, and Hallie blinked, totally wide-eyed, at her.  I was expecting a loud, fearful scream to erupt from Hallie, and Rapunzel grabbed my hand  - I don't think she even realized it.
But no scream came.  Merida, Rapunzel, and I exchanged relieved glances.  Rayne caught us and laughed.
"You guys go have a fun, romantic day, now!" Rayne said, winking at Rapunzel.  My wife blushed, and I took her hand and led her off the shelf.

When we were at the floor, we just kind of talked for awhile.
We talked about the girls, how much things have changed in the past month, how cute Jase's dimples were, how muggy the weather's been, and just general stuff.  I smiled the whole time, at her gleeful, young attitude, and how she smiled and just seemed so innocent.
I almost didn't catch when the music started, and almost forgot altogether that I'd asked Rayne to play the playlist I'd compiled on Tangled Fan's iPod... so I kind of quickly swung Rapunzel in towards me and caught her into my arms.
"Dance?" I asked.
Her voice trembled, and she smiled sweetly when she said, "Sure."
I guided her around and around, and she seemed absolutely awed.
In her own blog post, she included the links to all the songs I'd compiled, only in youtube links, so here's the link to her blog post in case you wanna go see.   

After the guitar piece on the last song waned to an end, we stopped as well.  I still held her waist loosely, and she smiled sweetly up at me, again.
"Thank you for being such a wonderful hubby."
My heart drummed, and I impulsively tipped her back for a kiss.  She returned it, but right in the middle of all this, I heard the door click.
I gently and reluctantly pulled away from her, stood upright, and glanced awkwardly towards the door.  Tangled Fan stood there, with a smile, and her cell phone in hand.  I knew what that meant.  Photoshoot time...sigh.  There went half of our day I'd planned...
She took the four girls up off the shelf, and in the other hand, bent down and snapped Rapunzel and I up.
I glanced over at Rapunzel, and saw the angry sparks in her eyes.  Uh oh.
I was somewhat surprised that she didn't tell Tangled Fan off, but she was probably thinking plenty of things right then!
Anyway, my wife included some of the photoshoot pictures in her post, if you wanna check it out.

After we were released, we wandered over to the window.  It was raining...again.  Big surprise there!  She sighed, putting a hand on the glass, and grumbled about how she wished the weather wouldn't be so nasty anymore.
"That's for sure."  I agreed.  "At least our plans weren't ruined!" I grinned (although, some of the plans were ruined by Tangled Fan...but that's beside the point.)  She got a cute, slightly embarrassed smile on her face, and I reached to kiss her forehead.  My wife turned several lovely shades of pink, but she put her head on my shoulder.

After awhile, we retreated back to the shelf, because it was starting to storm.  Rapunzel went off to work on her blog post...until it started storming, anyway!
I waited till the storm was over, to work on mine ;)
And that's basically it.  Nothing overly romantic, just a hopeless couple's 1 week anniversary, or as my wife says, "anni". I hope we celebrate  a gazillion more 'annis'.  (If that even makes sense) :D

No comments:

Post a Comment