Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Happy Birthday Barbie part 2 & 2nd week anni xD


Bright and early Thursday morning, I awoke cuddled up to my husband.  I sat up, and he, who was awake already, sat up too.  Right away, I noticed how hot it was in the room.  Again...it's been soo  muggy lately :(  
"Good  mornin', beautiful, how was your night?  Mine was-" I elbowed him and chuckled quietly when I realized he was singing lyrics from "Good Morning Beautiful" by Tim McGraw; and then I reached up and kissed his cheek.  
As I was doing so, I heard faint cries coming from the top of the shelf.  AGAIN. 
I jumped up.  "That's it.  We're gonna talk to Tangled Fan if it's the last thing we do!" 
He grabbed my wrist and got up too.  "I'm coming, too.  Jase is still asleep and I can hear and see her from the chair."  
I pounded on the printer, and Merida, Blondie, and Rayne all came down.  Merida was lugging some glass jar with her, and Blondie had...the hair brush?  

They set the jar down and Blondie started beating the brush against the glass.  Merida was kicking it and holding her bow high above her head, waving it.  

I looked at Rayne as Flynn linked his arm with mine protectively. Rayne looked at me. 
Rayne shrugged.  "I think she's having a bit too much fun with that."  
"Ya think?" I joked, and she chuckled.  "I feel like I should get in on it, but I think they're making enough-"

"What on earth is going on in here?!"  
Well...it worked.  Merida froze.  Rayne clasped her hands and tried to look normal.  I pressed a little closer to Flynn, not removing my other hand from my hip.  Blondie slammed the brush down hard one last time, and then looked up.  
"Ummm...We have...that is...we've...Rapunzel!  Rapunzel has something she has to tell you!"  Merida said, gesturing towards me with her bow.  
"I-" I broke off when everyone looked at me.  

I gestured aimlessly with my free hand, and Flynn clasped the other one, giving me an encouraging smile.  
I finally spit it all out about HB, and Flynn added what Jase had said.  Merida told Tangled Fan that she would back me up if she didn't believe my story.  Rayne said she would too, and Blondie nodded in agreement. 
"Well..just to be sure, I'll ask HB about this.  I'm pretty upset she lied, AND I'm upset that she hasn't been doing anything with Allie and Hallie."  Tangled Fan said.  "I'll go do it now."  
We all turned towards the shelf.  HB was gone, the babies were wailing.  I saw they were terribly close to the edge.  
"Grab them bef-" 
They started to fall.  

I pressed my head up against Flynn's shoulder and wrapped my arm around my stomach, feeling nauseated.  Rayne clasped her hands to her stomach as if someone had punched her.  Blondie screamed.  Merida hit her knees with a gasp and covered her face.  I started to cry and Flynn held me tight, and I could hear him breathing kind of heavily, as if he were trying to calm himself down.  Either that or hyperventilate.  

"Got them!"  Tangled Fan said.  We all turned towards her and she brought her hand over.  Sure enough, the babies were both in her hand.  She'd caught them! 
The four of us gave a collective gasp.  
"I guess I'll toss them in the box up in the attic - nobody else'll want them-" 
"Wait just a second."  Rayne stepped forward, anger flashing in her eyes.  I backed up a step in surprise and pressed closer to Flynn.  "Rapunzel cared for those babies for a WEEK, the week she should have been honeymooning, and when she had no clue what to do and was overwhelmed!  Don't you think you should possibly ask if she wanted them BACK, after you so rudely took them from her?  And Merida's helped her so much with those kids, and she so loves that little Allie, that don't you think you should pardon your 'married couples' rule just for her?  She will be a lot better a mother than a box FULL of Barbies would EVER be!"  She was shouting by now.  
I glanced over to Merida, astounded.  She looked back at me with wide eyes.  And Flynn looked like he was deciding whether to be surprised, horrified, or entertained by her sudden and unexpected outburst.  
"And while we're at it...Why do I have to stay locked in that stupidly wretched doll stand ALL THE TIME?  Every morning, Merida and Blondie have to help yank me out of that stupid thing, and yet you put me in it anyway!"  She huffed and looked relieved to have that all off of her chest...even though that last part had been completely random!  
Tangled Fan paused, and she looked as if she was thinking.  


And then she silently held Allie out to Merida.  "I assume you will take better care of her, than what HB did?"  
Merida looked up, beaming.  "You bet I will."  
"You're sure you're ready for motherhood, Merida?" I asked her.  "Trust me, you don't want to rush into it."  
"If I can keep this baby away from HB, yeah, I'm ready."  She took Allie carefully into her arms and stared into her eyes - their pale blue eyes matched almost exactly!  I couldn't help but smile at my friend's mesmerized expression.  
And then Tangled Fan held Hallie out towards Flynn and I.  


"I apologize for taking the four of them away from you - I was in a hurry and didn't think to ask.  Forgive me?" I nodded.  
"Did Janet get a good family?" I asked.  
"Yeah.  Non-Barbie, so don't worry.  Non-HB."  She joked.  
"Okay," I laughed.  

I took Hallie into my arms and Flynn gave me a one-armed hug, kissing my hair.  I smiled down at Hallie and she stopped whimpering and gave me a sweet little grin that made my heart squeeze. When I looked up, Tangled Fan had left.

Merida held Allie to her chest, picked up her bow - which she'd dropped - and pointed it at me and Flynn.  "Flynn."
"Yeah?"
"You planning on doing anything with her today?"
"I was...Kind of planning on it, cause it's our two-week anniversary...why?"
I refrained from telling Flynn that we didn't have to celebrate every week we were married.  It's not like I didn't enjoy it, and we might as well enjoy our marriage and our love that was still relatively new..but I was just kind of embarrassed.  I didn't have anyone else to talk to, to ask if it was normal to celebrate two-week anniversaries.  
"I was gonna teach your wife here how to shoot a bow and arrow. She might have to fend off an angry HB."  She laughed.   
I looked at her, wide-eyed.  "Isn't that...dangerous?" 
"Dangerously fun!"  She joked.  
"It's just morning right now, so it can't hurt."  Flynn said.  "I want to watch THIS - good entertainment!"  
"Hey, I bet you can't shoot either!"  I said, and he gave me another one-armed hug to tell me he was kidding.  
"Actually, I know how to shoot a bow and arrow."  
"Really, now.  Why don't I believe that?" I joked, before giving him a quick kiss on the jawbone, which was the furthest up I could reach with Hallie in my arms.  
"Then it's a deal!"  Merida said.  "Why don't we get at it?" 
"I'm leaving before arrows start flying," Rayne laughed.  
She walked past, and I hurried after her.  "Hey, Rayne?"
"Yes?" She turned to look at me with her normal pleasant smile.  
"Thank you so much."
"Oh, anytime!  Why don't I watch Jase and Hallie for you two whilst you and Flynn are out with Merida?"  I hesitated, feeling kind of bad to make her babysit.  "Of course you want me to!  Blondie and I need something to do - Merida's usually our entertainment."  
We chuckled, and Merida yelled an 'I heard that'.  Which made us ALL laugh!  
Anyway, I told Rayne thank you again, gave her Hallie, and Merida gave her Allie; and then I told her where Jase was.  

When I turned back, Merida was pulling her arrow out of her quiver.  Flynn stood back.  
She explained how to shoot it, pausing so I could get an idea on how to hold it.  
"And then ye loose the arrow - like so..." she pulled back just a bit farther on the arrow and then loosed it.  It went flying, and then bounced off the window!  
I gasped.  "That was pretty cool."  
She handed me her arm guard, the bow, and the arrow.  Flynn stepped closer and leaned up against the one chair rung.  I looked back and laughed.  
"If any a time to stand back, it's now - you shouldn't trust your wife with weaponry she's never used before."  
Merida and my husband laughed.

I wriggled into the sleeve, and held the bow up, laced the arrow straight across...but it just didn't seem right.  
"Hold your one arm stra-a-a-a-ight out - like this.  And then use your other hand to yank back on that string and arrow with all your might - like this."  
Merida mimicked the position I needed to have, but I still fumbled, hopelessly embarrassed.  

Flynn stepped forward, took my one arm and pulled it back towards him, and he straightened my other arm out almost the whole way.  
"There ya go."  Merida held her hands out.  "THAT'S exactly how you hold it!" 
I was excited to finally have the right position, and accidentally let my grip go on the arrow.  
It pinged off of the metal edge of the table in front of us, and ricocheted.  
Flynn grabbed me by the waist and yanked me backwards, grabbed Merida's arm, and pulled the both of us away as the arrow bounced back our way.  
It landed on its side, right on the chair.  
"You're right.  Maybe I SHOULDN'T trust you with weaponry you don't know how to use!"  Flynn joked.  
"Oh, hush up," I said.  Now that I knew I didn't hurt anyone, I got the giggles.  
Merida stood - when Flynn had yanked her towards us, she'd fallen to her knees - and gave me a playful shove.  "You'll catch on.  But your lesson learnt for today is: Never, EVER shoot anything towards something it'll ricochet off of.  Like metal." 
I laughed harder.  "S-s-sorry!  I didn't break anything, did I?"  
"Nope," Merida went over to pick up the arrow.  
I noticed Flynn still held me tightly.  "You can let go now...no flying arrows to shield me from.  Right now, anyway."  
He laughed, and let go of me.  
Merida handed me the arrow and told me to try, try again.
So I did...and I actually didn't almost kill anybody!  :D

After that, Flynn left for awhile and Merida and I took turns shooting the bow and arrow.  It was actually a good bit of fun! 

Eventually, though, Flynn came back over and asked if he could 'steal' me.  
Merida said that even though stealing was bad, she'd let him anyway, and I chuckled.  
"Hey, thanks so much!"  I called after her as she hefted up her bow onto her shoulder.  
"Yep!  See, it was a lot of fun, wasn't it?"  
"For sure!" I nodded and watched her walk away.  When I turned back around, Flynn was standing so close I rammed into him.   
He held out his hand, so I took it.  
We made our way down to the floor and walked.  Flynn asked how everything had gone with Merida, so I ecstatically filled him in.  When I was done with my monologue, we walked in complete silence.  I could feel him staring at me, and my face grew red. 

Fumbling for something to say, I took his other hand and wrapped one arm around his waist. "So, no dancing today?"  I said with a grin.
He suddenly looked as if he'd forgotten something.  
"Oh, I'm so sorry - I totally forgot to ask Rayne to play the playlist I'd made up last Friday...What with the kids and-"
"It's fine - I was just wondering - and half teasing, too, because we'd done it every other time."  I smiled up at him, and he almost looked like he'd lost himself in my eyes or something - it made my face get hotter!  Could I embarrass myself any more?  Apparently so...
We climbed up onto the chair at his suggestion.  

He just stood, looking at me, and I leaned 'casually' up against a rung of the chair.  
I fiddled with my braid, which was becoming pretty messy.  
"I need to-"

He suddenly leaned over and swept me up into a passionate kiss, cutting me off.  
My hands made awkward jerking motions, in my surprise, but then I put them up on his shoulders.  My knees started to go out from under me and a tingly sensation gripped my spine.  I was a bit shocked/surprised/whatever you want to call it.  But when he finally began to slowly pull away from me, I stood on my tiptoes to return the kiss, not wanting to let the warmth of his go. 
Yeah, I know.  I'm pathetic.  [ ; 

When I pulled away from him, I let my hands slide down to hold him around the waist, comfortably, with a sigh. 
He reached over and pushed some stray hairs away from my face, and let his hand linger on my head a moment.  "I love you," he whispered.  Chills rained down my arms - but they were happy chills :D  
"What was that for?" I asked, finally finding some words to say around my thundering heart.  
"Just because," he gave me that grin and I smiled back at him.  
"Because why?" 
"What, can't I kiss my beautiful wife when I feel like kissing her?" he said, trying to be serious.  
"It's not that I don't appreciate it..." I winked and he started to lean down again. I pushed him away and laughed.  "You're laying on the sweetness just a bitttt too thick, honey."  

He pulled me close again and put his forehead on mine.  I put my hand on  his face and smiled at him before shutting my eyes.  
"Two weeks ago, I never would've guessed we would be so open like this.  I never would've guessed we would've ended up with four kids, losing them all, and then getting two back, either.  And I never would've guessed how much I love you!"  He whispered, still standing close to me.  
Despite the oppressiveness of the muggy weather, I was in no big hurry to pull away from his arms.  
My heart swelled and I kept my eyes closed until I finished my answer.  "Two weeks ago, I never would have guessed we would be this way, either.  I never would've guessed ANY of this, either!  And I pretty much knew I had the world's biggest crush EVER on you, but I didn't really know how much so!  And by the way...love you too."  
He smiled at me and gave me a quick kiss on the forehead. "HAD the world's biggest crush ever on me?"  
It took me a minute - okay, so my mind was a bit boggled at the time - but I finally got it.  "You're bad.  Now I don't just have a CRUSH on you...Now I have the ribbon to prove it.  And you obviously had a crush on me in order to give me that ribbon."  He chuckled.  
I could've stayed there forever, but my motherly instinct kicked in.  "We should, uh...we should probably get back to the kids."  
He nodded in agreement, took my hand, and we went back to the shelf.  

Merida was asleep on the floor, sprawled out, with Allie, Hallie, and Jase laying sleeping all around her. 
I giggled quietly at the sight, and Flynn shook with the attempt to keep his laughter bottled up inside of him. 
"Should we leave her here tonight?" I whispered...but it was loud enough to wake my friend.  
"WHO'S THERE?!" she yelled, quite loudly.  I was amazed that the babies slept through it.  
"It's just us," I was dying of laughter by now.  
"Oh.  Oh!" she jumped up and smoothed her crazy hair from her face.  "They were good.  The babies were a bit fussy but nothing totally crazily out of hand.  And Jase was very good.  She played herself out."  
"Thanks so much," I gave her a quick hug, and she scooped up Allie.  
"I'll see ya all tomorrow!"  Merida grinned before she left.  
As soon as she left, Hallie started to cry.  Yawning, I went over and scooped her up.  
"It's alright, sweetie-pie!" I bounced her and smiled down at her, my heart squeezing.  
Jase woke up long enough to want a hug from Flynn and I, and then she retreated to the alarm clock by herself and plopped down.  I think she may have fallen asleep before she even sat down!  

After awhile, Hallie STILL wasn't asleep.  Every time I'd lay her down, she'd start screaming.  
I glanced at Flynn.  "I bet this is because of HB."  
"Uhhh-huh." he said, sounding very unhappy, indeed.  
I suppressed another yawn.  "Hallie, baby girl...go to sleep..."  I crooned to her for awhile, but she still would cry the second I put her down.  
My eyes were super-heavy and I needed to go to sleep.  I sat down instead of pacing back and forth.  Within minutes, Hallie was sleeping in my arms, again.  Glancing at the clock, I realized it was close to one in the morning...we'd been at it since 10.  Wiping my eyes, I realized Flynn was standing with his arms out.  "What?"
"You go to sleep.  I'll take care of her the rest of the night."
"No...you'll get a migraine."  I shook my head.  
"Don't worry.  You need sleep!"  He raised his eyebrows and wiggled his fingers.  
"Sit." I whispered.  He obliged, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.  "That's better," I joked quietly, trying to wake myself.  My eyes still rolled around in tiredness.  
He opened his mouth to tell me to go lay down, and I shook my head, saying I was fine.  
After awhile, Hallie FINALLY let me put her down without waking and crying hard. I gave a victorious smile to Flynn, and he gave me a quick little kiss.  
And then we hurried to bed to get some rest before the next scream-fest commenced!  =D  




No comments:

Post a Comment