Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Quick Update...

Hey everyone...
Haven't seen Tangled Fan much lately, and when she does breeze through, it's to do something, such as clean guinea pig cages (we share the room with her AND her guinea pigs) or put clothes away, or whatever.  I want to stop her and demand to know what's going on, but I don't want to seem horribly rude.
At this point, I'm READY to be rude!  Flynn's face gets all red and twisted up when he sees Tangled Fan entering the room, so I know he's about ready to snap.
It's been pretty hard on us, as you can imagine.  Having your kids only for one week, and then ripped away from you, and one tossed away to Goodwill??  Um, no.

I heard her scrummaging around in bags yesterday, so I'm so hoping she finds the Goodwill bag...and then we could at least have Jase back with us...I can only imagine what's going through all those poor kids' heads right now :(

Today I left Flynn have some alone time and I went up to see Merida, Rayne, and Blondie.
They were really bummed out that there were no updates.  I told Merida that Allie had been adopted out to someone else already, and her face just fell.  I hated telling my best friend that news!  She'd been sooo attached to Allie.  Rayne was trying to be upbeat and commented that maybe things would turn out okay and everyone would be brought back to us, and I tried to smile thanks, but it's like my face is made out of cement - I couldn't move my lips to smile no matter what!  Blondie was very quiet, and I saw a few tears dripping off of her cheeks.  She'd only met the girls once or twice, but she'd really liked Janet, I think.
When I left the shelf for our shelf, I hugged all three of them and thanked them for being there for me and Flynn.

When I got back, Flynn's face was tear-streaked.
"Are you alright?" I asked him. He was collapsed into the wicker chair.
When he noticed me, he jumped up and swallowed.  "Uh, yeah.  Everything's fine."
"I know better than that.  Tell me.  It's good to let it all out, trust me!"  I pried.  He started to refuse.  "You know, we're husband and wife! You are supposed to tell me all your troubles."
"I don't see the need to tell you about it when you know, too."  He mumbled, looking down as a tear dripped from his nose.
My heart ached and I strode over to him and grabbed him into a tight hug.
He buried his face in my shoulder and his whole body started jerking with the sobs he'd obviously held in since Friday.  I just stood and let him cry.  When he was ready, he pulled his head away from my shoulder and looked down at me.
"I'm just so..so used to being this big, tough guy that isn't bothered by anything, and isn't easily upset...and if something  bad happens, I can usually find a silver lining.  But with..with this?  I can't.  And I'm not used to that.  And I want my girls-OUR girls!  I want them back in our arms so badly."
I bit my lip and pushed away the tears threatening to sting my eyes.  I put a hand on his cheek.  "I know, honey.  I know.  You don't have to be the big tough guy right now - it's fine to let a few tears fall once in awhile."
"But what about you?  You need someone stronger than this to help YOU get through it-"
"Flynn, I didn't marry you because you were tough.  It's perfectly natural to be upset right now - you would seem really weird if you weren't sad.  And you've helped me already.  Just the fact that I know you're here with me?  That's a comfort, and-"
"But you wouldn't be going through this if I hadn't've suggested it!"  He blurted.
He pulled away from me and walked off. I followed after him.
"Flynn, calm down. Flynn!  Listen to me.  FLYNN!"  I finally yelled, because he wasn't listening.  I guess he was just so upset with himself that he couldn't stop and turn around to listen to me.  He still didn't.  "It was my decision too!  It's not your fault!  Now you'd best turn around and calm down.  Getting this worked up isn't good for-"
Whilst I was following him and chewing him out for being so hard on himself, he stopped, turned around, and grabbed me into a kiss, almost knocking me over and interrupting my sentence.
I could hardly remember the last time we'd kissed - we'd been too upset and our relationship, as I now knew, had suffered a blow.  My head spun and I couldn't think straight - what was he doing, anyway?  First he was crying, then he was mad at himself, and now he was kissing me with such passion that I almost started crying too!  Talk about  confusing - and men think WE'RE confusing!
Finally, he pulled away from me, but he still held me close in his arms.
"What in the world...?  I don't...I mean.." I fumbled for what I wanted to say, without sounding rude or unappreciative or anything.
"Just thank you for being you.  And not blaming me for anything when I deserve blame-"
"Excuse me, but you do NOT deserve to be blamed for this - it was Tangled Fa-" He kissed me again, but just long enough to cut me off from my sentence.  "You're terrible, you know that?  I'm trying to say something, something possibly important, and all you want to do is kiss me?!"
It wasn't a reprimand, but I was trying to get a smile out of him...and it worked.
"Well, what other way could I get you to be quiet?  Usually, you're like a dog with a bone - once you have something, you don't drop it till it's all said and done.  But hey, it worked - didn't it?"
"It was Tangled Fan that did everything, so..." I tried to finish what I'd been wanting to say.  "So, um..."
His eyes laughed for the first time since Thursday, and he gave me an 'I told you so' grin.
"You're bad.  But I love you anyway."  I offered a small smile, glad to have a glimmer of my old Flynn back.  Who knew that someone could miss being teased so much?
He gave me another quick kiss and then I told him he was being a little over-the-top.
"Well, I haven't kissed you at all since Thursday, so I need to catch up!" He joked.
I rolled my eyes and I sobered when I thought about Thursday.  We'd been a perfect little - okay, not so little - family then.  It was amazing how much could change in a matter of hours.  As I was thinking of this, Flynn gently brought my chin up so I was looking at him.  It was also amazing how quickly that dance in his eye had vanished.
"I know what you're thinking.  Please stop," he kissed me and I leaned into him.
My heart ached for a moment and I wished I hadn't've thought of that.  It had been so nice to be back to a sense of normality :/
I took in a deep, shuddery breath, and said to him, "Tomorrow, I WILL confront Tangled Fan.  She'll give me the scoop on this whole situation, or at least she'd better!"
"It's not worth getting into a fight over."
"You know what? If she wants to toss me out in the Dumpster because I want my KIDS back, she can!" I said bitterly.
"See..I told you - like a dog with a bone."  He winked at me, and I could tell he was trying to get me off the subject.  So I quieted down.

And that's basically what we're at right now.  Will keep you guys updated as necessary.  Not sure if Flynn will be doing a post with his side or not, you'll have to wait and see - I hope he does though, because it seems to give him something else to think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment