Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Flynn here...wooohoo :D

Hey everyone!  Whoa.  I saw the new blog banner/header thingy and at first was a bit freaked out because I thought I had the wrong blog.  Oh well :D  Regardless..
So this morning I got up early.  Rapunzel was still soundly sleeping, at least until I couldn't help myself and gave her a kiss on the forehead.
When her eyelids fluttered open, I told her good morning and smiled down at her.
"Morning," She smiled up at me.
I told her to braid her hair and get ready.  I was planning on taking her for a walk so we could talk.  I didn't want our relationship to go downhill.
She started hounding after me, asking what we were going to do, and I didn't tell her.  Instead, I just sat down.
She held her hands out and asked me to tell her.
"I just thought we'd go for a walk like we always used to.  And I thought maybe you'd like to go explore the room a bit."  I smiled at her and took her into my arms.  "Wouldn't you like that?  Something to do, anyway."  I took her hands and held them.
"Flynn, I dunno...I just-"
"If you don't want to, it's fine," I said, slightly disappointed.  "I just thought you'd enjoy it."
"I would, Flynn - so, soo much!  But just not now, okay?"
I nodded and looked her in the eye before I started to tell her my concern.
She cut me off with a quick little kiss.  "This won't do anything negative to our relationship, sweetie."
I nodded and sighed in relief.  If she didn't think anything would happen, then nothing probably would.
Then the door cracked open, and Tangled Fan slipped through; something in her hand.
"I'm going to talk to her," Rapunzel pulled away from me quickly.
I grabbed for her hands, desperately wanting her to not fight with Tangled Fan, but she yanked away from me.
"No, Rapunzel - don't!  Don't you-"
"I HAVE to!  Don't you want to know what happened to them?!"
She had a point there.  I silently nodded, and she whirled to face Tangled Fan.
"What did you do to Hallie and Jase?  We've-"
Tangled Fan silently held her hand out towards us.  Rapunzel screamed and I peered around her to see why.  It was Jase!
She grabbed Jase and kissed her repeatedly.  I stepped over and wrapped both of my girls up in my arms, unable to control the smile from spreading across my face.
Suddenly, though, Rapunzel shifted Jase to her other arm, used her free hand to grab my shirt collar, and she yanked me down to her level in order to give me a powerful, delighted kiss.  I returned it, and when we pulled apart, we ended up having to do a photoshoot.
You can see all the pics in my wife's blog post - there are quite a few really good pictures there, if I do say so myself!

My heart was soooo impossibly full at that time, and I couldn't stop my smile.
After the photoshoot, we retreated to our shelf.  Rapunzel and I took turns chatting with Jase and playing with her.  She taught us both her special game she always played with herself, talked about how happy she was that we were her 'momma and daddy now' - My heart squeezed every time she said that - and she talked about various things in general - like how she couldn't wait to visit with Merida, how she wanted to play all night long, and just stuff.  I teased her about how I was going to tickle her, and how she needed to help me pick on Momma - she gaily agreed to that one - and I basically did all I could to hear her little girl giggle and dimpled smile.
Eventually, though, she announced she wanted to go to bed.
"Do you want to sleep with me and daddy?" Rapunzel asked with a bright smile on her face.
"No, momma.  I wanna sleep behind the alarm clock!"  She exclaimed.  "It's...pretty cool back there.." she yawned, cuddled up against my chest, and then fell asleep.
I met Rapunzel's eyes, smiling, and she gave me a knowing, loving smile.  I carefully stood up and carried her over to her customary bedtime spot.  I laid her down and let my hand rest on her tiny arm for a few seconds, dreading leaving her alone.  After having a child ripped away from you in your sleep, you'd be bound to have a little bit of concerns about leaving them out of your sight!
I strode carefully back over to my wife.
"Out cold," I whispered. I held out a hand to her, and she took it.
"I don't think I could go asleep to save my life tonight!" she said.  I could tell she was still pretty wound up.
I nodded and chuckled before leading her back to behind the lamp.
With a content sigh, I sat down and patted my lap, silently inviting my wife to sit on it.
Instead, she sat down beside me, gave a sigh, and threw her arms around my neck.  "Aren't you relieved?"
"Yes, very much so!" I said, and she leaned her head on my shoulder. "Aren't you?"
"You have no idea!" She smiled, and I brought her chin up to give her a small kiss.  When we parted, she nestled up against my side tightly.
"Aren't you a bit sad about Hallie?" I asked, remembering that I'd wanted to ask her that.
"I guess I'm a bit upset, but at the same time, I guess it's a good thing because now we can give Jase our undivided attention."
I decided to tease.  "I hope you have a tiny bit of attention divided for me," I tried to give a puppy-dog pout.
She quietly laughed, before telling me that I was pathetic.
"I know I am.  But you wouldn't like me any other way."  I attempted to be stone-faced.
She shrugged her shoulders, attempting to act indifferent.
"I guess I could always tickle," I whispered, leaning over and acting as if I were going to tickle her.
"Don't you DARE." She half-growled at me, grabbing my hands into both of hers so I couldn't tickle her.
"That's better," I smiled down at her, referring to the fact that she was holding my hands.
She let go of them and let them drop.  She rolled her eyes and flopped down onto her back.  "You...you're just..."
"Pathetic?" I leaned over her to grin.
"Exactly." She reached up and we shared a sweet goodnight kiss, before I laid down beside her, and then I was totally out.

You have nooo idea how excited I am...I didn't want to go to sleep because I want to spend as much time as possible with my girls, now that I have Jase back and we both don't feel so miserable and hopeless.  And I'm also glad to have my comical wife back too.

No comments:

Post a Comment