Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Flynn here..today was awesome (:

This morning dawned clear and rain free, but it was nasty muggy.  I could practically feel my plastic melting just sitting there!
I'd been up and down with the babies a few times last night, but after I quit blogging my last post, they seemed to have settled down enough that I could go to bed too.
When I woke, everything was still and silent.  I stood up and looked to make sure everyone was still there, it was so quiet!  Then I glanced over at Rapunzel, who was all rolled up in her hair, sleeping soundly for the first time since Wednesday.  I just stood there, watching her.  It amazed me how one single doll could make me feel so funny.  It almost hurt, I liked her so much!  And it takes a lot before I'll show my emotions, usually..but not around her.  Anyway, I couldn't help but smile.

After a short amount of time, she rolled over and looked up at me.  Blinking, she sat up and asked me what.
Staring at her pretty face, I said, "Morning, gorgeous."
She glanced down at herself and noticed her tangled hair.  "Oh, knock it off."  [complete with rolling of eyes.]
I said that I was serious, before I sat down and gently brushed her hair away from her face and pushed it behind her shoulders.  She sat stock-still with a look of sheer pleasure on her face, before she remembered what I'd said earlier, about being serious about her being pretty.  "You're obviously blind if you think I'm so 'gorgeous'.  Hey, thank you soo much for getting up with the kids last night.  How can I ever thank you enough?" she said.
After she finished, she kissed me on the cheek, and I got all funny-feeling in my stomach, so I told her she'd thanked me enough already, and then smiled.
We were just sitting there, she would probably say 'lost in each others' eyes'...and then I heard a tiny whimper.  That tiny whimper could pack a punch on the eardrums, if you didn't get to work quieting it down!
I stood, slightly reluctant to end the moment. "Annd duty calls."  I said, holding a hand out to my wife. She took it with another smile that never failed to make my heart squeeze.
I turned quickly towards Allie and scooped her up; and Rapunzel took Hallie.  It didn't take too awful long to calm them down.  I glanced over at Rapunzel just in time to see Hallie smiling up at her - and saw Rapunzel's face light up.  I wanted to tell her how good a mother she will be, again, but didn't want to break in.  Instead, we set them back down.
And then the older girls woke up too.  Jase ran over to Rapunzel, babbling a hundred miles an hour [possibly a hundred and one miles an hour]..and then she noticed me, and flung her arms out towards me.  I took her, and Rapunzel went over to talk with Janet.

After Jase squirmed to get down, I set her down and turned to see where Rapunzel had disappeared to.  She was out on the 'deck',  carefully brushing and braiding her hair.  I stepped over to stand a little bit behind her.  Just as she had finished braiding, she turned and I snagged her up into a hug, just because.
After she pulled away from me, she asked what the hug was for.
"No particular reason.  Oh, and when I thought you couldn't get any prettier, you just did!" I winked, and she rolled her eyes before shoving me, a playful gleam in her eyes.  So I decided to tease her right back.  Instead of stepping backwards, I kept my arm tight around her, so she went backwards with me.  With a little squeal, she realized we weren't going to fall.  I bent down to steal a quick little kiss, and she giggled, telling me not to do that in front of the kids.  Still wanting to tease, I started to turn my back to them and bend back down to kiss her.  Laughing, she shoved me and slipped under my arm before I could snag her up again.
After that, she got to work on brushing the girls' hair.
When she was finished with Janet, she and Janet turned towards me.  "Now, isn't she a lovely young lady?"
I grinned. "Both of you are."

Shortly after that, Merida popped in, just as I'd asked her to yesterday morning.
She took the babies up and the three of us talked.
Merida agreed that she could watch the kids whenever Rapunzel and I wanted to get away and be alone for a bit.
And what Rapunzel didn't know is that I'd planned what I hoped was a romantic day today, and Merida was going to watch the kids for us.
Rapunzel seemed to feel guilty about leaving Merida alone with four kids, especially when her legs were sore, but Merida laughingly made her leave anyway.

We finally left, and descended to the floor; where we just walked beside one another in silent company.  Eventually, I looked up from watching my feet.  Rapunzel and I had kind of wandered apart.  I caught her eye, holding my arm up from my side in an invitation to come over.  She gave me a small, almost shy smile and then slipped in under my arm, wrapping her skinny arm around my waist and resting her head on my chest. I almost wondered if she could feel my heart thundering, cause that's what it was doing!  I also wondered if she was as pathetically fascinated with me as I was with her.
Finally, I remembered something I wanted to ask her.
"Do you forgive me?"
She pulled her head up and looked at me, quirking a brow.  "For what?"
"For pushing you too far.  I should've never-" She stood on tiptoe and kissed me on the cheek to make me stop. It worked.
"I forgive you - I never really was mad at you to begin with!  Did you think I was?" she asked.
"I didn't really know."
"With a husband like you, I could never be unhappy long!"  I realized she's taken a page from my book and I chuckled.
"If I ever try to get you to do something you don't want to do, or if you're not sure about something, just tell me.  Don't be afraid of stepping on my toes - it won't hurt that bad.  And then you can just give me a swat on the back of the head if I don't listen."
She rolled her eyes and laughed at that one.
After that, I glanced towards Rayne's shelf.  She was just peeking towards us, so I nodded my head.  [Cue the music]
 I  stopped and stepped in front of Rapunzel, asking her if I could have this dance.  My hand shook a little, but I held it out anyway.
I think I stunned Rapunzel, because she just stood and stared at me, wide-eyed, before she finally nodded.  She slowly placed a hand on my shoulder and another around my waist, as if she wasn't sure what to do, exactly.  I wasn't too sure, either - I'd just learned on Friday, and Rayne had taught me!
Feeling like a kid going to prom for the first time, I swallowed hard and put my hands on her hips.  Or should I have put them around her waist?  Her shoulders? Ugh.  My train of concerned thoughts was derailed when Rapunzel looked up at me with her brow wrinkled.  "But..I don't know how to dance."
I lost all concerns and smiled at her.  "Just follow me."
Then the song came on...it was "Love Story" ..I think by Taylor Swift?  I didn't know and didn't really care, because pretty soon I was lost in the dance.  I carefully tried to guide Rapunzel back and forth, in circles, and just swayed back and forth.  I hardly even noticed when Rapunzel would scuff her feet on my boots, or when she scraped her toenail on the back of her other heel, misstepped, and almost dragged me down with her until she regained balance.  I wondered if I was in a trance or something.  Rapunzel must've felt the same, because when the first song came to an end, she suddenly pulled away from me and mumbled something about having to go check on Merida and the kids.
I took her by the waist and gently pulled her close again.  "They're fine.  You just enjoy your romantic day off.  Since we couldn't have a honeymoon, I wanted to at least give you today to dance and everything and just talk -  And then every evening, or whenever, we'll be able to talk.  I know it's not a honeymoon like you probably wanted, but it's the best I can do." I kissed her forehead.
"If this is the best you can do, I'm beyond happy." She put her arms back around me and we started into a more lively dance..."Into the Open Air", from Brave?  Cool.
We went through a whole slew of other songs, and once the last song's guitar piece slowly died, Rapunzel rested her head on my shoulder and didn't try to pull away. She actually tightened her grip on me a bit, as if she were clinging to the last seconds of the song.  I was in no huge rush to stop dancing, either, so I just stepped back and forth slowly, still to the beat of the last song.  I glanced down once, and her eyes were closed and she had a blissful smile on her face, so I pulled her in just a bit closer, rested my cheek on her head, and kept dancing.
Eventually, though, she pulled her head up.  "Sorry for being such a huge failure at dancing.  I probably broke half of your toes!  I loved it, though - more than you probably thought!"
I laughed.  "You were fine."
I reluctantly pulled away a bit, but I still held her loosely around the waist and she seemed in no hurry to get out of my arms.  "You were absolutely fabulous!  I never would've guessed you knew how to dance!  When did you learn?"
I explained about Rayne teaching me on Friday.
Finally, I pointed out that if we climbed up onto the chair, we could have a perfect view out through the window to watch clouds.  Rapunzel agreed, and we sat together.  I don't know about her, but I didn't really watch the clouds too much.  I kept sneaking glances towards her, and still wondered how it was possible that I could feel so much for her.  Yep...we're hopeless romantics.  :P

Eventually, though, we decided we'd best get back to the shelf, Merida, and the kids.
Rapunzel unbraided her hair and gleefully told all the details to Merida, while Merida told her about how the kids were.  After Merida left, we just sat with each other and held the kids.  Jase babbled on and on about how much she'd missed us today.
Finally, though, all the girls quieted down.  Jase and Janet went to sleep, as did the babies.  I nodded off for a few minutes, and when I jerked awake, I saw Rapunzel was sound asleep, cuddling the two sleeping babies.
I smiled to myself at how sweet the scene was.  Then, I carefully lifted the babies from her arms and laid them down.  I considered leaving Rapunzel there, and not disturbing her, but then I decided she'd be more comfortable back behind the lamp.
I gently worked my arm under her legs, and wrapped my other one around her shoulders, and then lifted her up.  To my despair, her eyelids flew open, and she looked at me.
"Put me down.  I can go to bed myself..." she mumbled.
I told her that I could carry her, as well - goodness, she hardly weighed anything anyway - and she didn't fight me.  She put her arms around my neck and  hugged me until I bent to set her down on her back.  I carefully stepped around her and took my usual spot in the corner, sat down, and smoothed her hair from her face. After I was done, I hesitated, then leaned down to give her a goodnight kiss, which she returned.  Then I just sat with a hand on her shoulder, grinning at her.  I just wish I could tell her how much I cared about her - I'm not the best with words, unlike the Flynn from the movie.  Just one sentence from him sent human girls swooning!  Not me...As I sat there and pondered, she eventually looked up at me, gave a faint little smile, and asked me, "You know what?"
"What?" I asked quietly.
"I love you so much it hurts."  She said.
I nodded.  That's exactly how I felt about her.  "Yeah, same here, sweetie."  Before I was done with the sentence, however, she was out like a light.  I stroked her hair a little bit before I carefully placed a kiss in her hair and went to sleep myself.  We'll see how good the babies are tonight!




No comments:

Post a Comment