Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Meeting Jase, Allie and Hallie

Hi all...I've been thinking a LOT about the little girl that Tangled Fan wants us to adopt.  I'm still not 100% sure.  Flynn brought her up quite a few times, but eventually, he noticed that I didn't want to talk incessantly about her.
Friday morning, I decided to go see Merida, Rayne, and Blondie; and talk to them about the issue.
When Merida saw me, she jumped up, bow still in hand.  
"I was polishing 'er up," she explained, "so how's life as a married doll?"
"Basically the same, only I have to get comfortable with the idea that he's going to be around me all.  The.  Time."  I laughed.  "So I have something to discuss with all of you.  You know how I am with important decisions, of course." I winked.  We sat down and I started explaining.

When I was done with my monologue, Merida was the first to pipe up.  
"I'd tell your Flynn that he was moving wa-a-a-y too fast, first of all.  But at the same time, if Tangled Fan's going to be getting rid of her, I could see why you'd have to rush into it, unfortunately."  
"He said that she said that it would be awhile before we'd officially be her guardians," I added.
Blondie said she was all for me adopting the little girl, and Rayne took a good while before she spoke.  
"I think that you should do what seems right.  Why don't you ask Tangled Fan to take you and Flynn to meet her?  I agree that Flynn is moving quickly, and for goodness' sake, you're just a youngster- you were modeled as an eighteen year old in the movie, where he was roughly twenty-six.  I was modeled as a twenty-one year old - their wedding was around three years after the first release of the movie - and I would still be hard-pressed to become a mother if I were married.  But you are also quite bold and brave, and your modeled age doesn't really affect you as a doll.  I also think that you would probably feel pretty guilty if you dragged your feet on the matter and Tangled Fan sent her to Goodwill.  But it is all on what you feel is right."  
I nodded.  Just as I was trying to think of how to ask Tangled Fan to take me to see her, she walked in the door.  

I turned to face her.  "W-would you take me and Flynn to see...the, ah, girl you told Flynn about yesterday?"  
She nodded.  I turned to Merida quickly.  "Come with?"
"Oh no.  If you're lookin' for someone good with kids, you're barkin' up the wrong tree, girl."  She backed away a couple of steps.  
"It'll be fun.  And I don't even know how good I am with kids, either!  So it'll be a good learning experience."  I laughed.  "Please?  Whatever uncomfortable task you want me to do, after this, I'll gladly do - if you come with me."  

"Alright, but if all them little dolls start screaming their brains out as soon as I walk in, I'm outta there," she laughed, putting a hand on my shoulder.  
"Thanks," I laughed.  She linked her arm with mine and we descended to my shelf to retrieve Flynn.  


He was out on the 'deck' when we came down. 
"And where are these two lovely ladies going this morning?" He asked, looking at me with a grin.  
I smiled and held a hand out.  "You're coming with us, too."
"Where?"
"You'll see."  I said, grabbing his hand and pulling him over with me and Merida towards Tangled Fan.  She picked the three of us up and carted us over to where she had the kids. 

Finally, she set us down and we got a view of the kids - there were two babies as well.

I caught sight of the little girl who must've been the one that was destined for Goodwill.  She could almost be a child of Flynn and mine; she had brown hair, green eyes and freckles.  She was actually really adorable, though her hair needed a good brush and styled.  

And then the two babies.  They were very 'vocal' - though, who could blame them?  

Merida went over, scooped over the blonde baby, and sat down to stare at her and talk quietly.  I think she was quite taken by her.  
Then, the little girl spotted us.  "Hi!" She exclaimed, racing over. "Are you going to be my new momma and dad?  I hope you are.  You both look really nice."  
She held her hands out to me, so I scooped her up.  Flynn stood behind me, staring at the girl with a gigantic grin across his face.  
"I'm Jasmine, but they call me Jase. I heard that that's what humans call someone from some TV show called Duck Dynasty.  But if they're good humans I don't mind having the same nickname as that person."  My, but the girl could chatter!  "And the babies are Allie and Hallie - blonde is Allie and the brownhaired girl is Hallie."  


"Uh-huh," I said, slightly lost in all the babble.  I glanced up at Flynn in an attempt to catch his eye, but he was simply riveted on Jasmine - or, rather, Jase.  
After a little bit, Flynn took her from my arms and she immediately dragged him over to show him something. 

With nothing else to do, I picked up the other whimpering baby - Hallie, was it?  She immediately cooed, looked up at my face, and quieted down. 
"Sure, you don't have any experience with kids.  How could you just pick that baby up and have her quiet down like that?!"  Merida laughed.  She was still holding Allie, and was bouncing her on her leg.  
We chatted for awhile, holding the babies.  I was starting to feel some motherly instinct or something - it was growing on me and holding Hallie made me get that 'warm and fuzzy' feeling inside - I guess.  I almost wondered how I could go home without any of these girls!  

Finally, Flynn came to my side and helped me up.  
"She's starting to call me her papa."  Flynn said with almost a pained expression on his face.  "It's not going to be pretty when we leave, I'm afraid."  
"Oh, the poor little thing," I muttered.  "I almost wish we could take them ALL home today!"  
Flynn's eyes bulged. "Going from unmarried to married with three adopted children in about a month or so...and yesterday you didn't want to have ANY children so soon!"  
I chuckled.  Merida set Allie down and stood to wait to leave.  

When we started to leave, Jase came running over, clutched at my skirt with one hand and wrapped her other arm around Flynn's leg.  "Please don't go!" she wailed.  "Wasn't I a good girl?  Aren't you taking me home?  Please..."

I scooped her up and kissed her messy brown hair.  "Shh, sweetie," I tried to calm her down as she sobbed.  
"So many other dolls have passed me up in the past ten years..please take me home, please!"  
She's been here TEN YEARS and nobody's wanted her?  Wow.  
Flynn wrapped his arms around me and Jase and set his chin on top of my head.  "That poor kid," he said to me. 
Finally, her whimpers subsided and I carried her over and set her down by the babies.  Smoothing her hair from her face, I hesitated, then leaned down and planted a kiss on her forehead.  She smiled - complete cuteness, topped off with dimples - and then tried to wrap her arms around my neck.  I patted her back and then walked back over to Flynn.

"You'd make a wonderful mom," he kissed me on the forehead and took one of my hands.  
"So are you thinking we should?"  I asked quietly.  "Maybe we could ask about fostering before we actually go in neck-deep."  
"We could," he replied.  
So when Tangled Fan came back in, I took a deep breath, looked at Flynn, and asked if we could get into fostering.  She quickly agreed and asked if we wanted to foster more than just Jase. 
Merida looked up quickly.  "Could I foster too?"  Her face fell when Tangled Fan explained that only married couples could foster or adopt.  But just as quickly, she looked at me.  "Remember how you said you'd do whatever for me in return for me coming with you..?"
"Yeah," I nodded.  "Okay."  
Tangled Fan told us about the fostering process and that within a few days, we could come back to see all the kids and decide who we wanted to foster - I already knew Jase and Allie, maybe Hallie, would be coming with us to foster, how many more did she even have?!  But regardless, that's how we ended up fostering!  I was almost excited to start fostering, and I knew Flynn was. We'll keep you updated!!







No comments:

Post a Comment