Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Our 'honeymoon' day :P

Sunday morning dawned clear, but horribly muggy.  And it was totally silent and peaceful!  
I rolled over onto my back and saw Flynn staring at me with a huge smile on his face.  
I sat up, blinking groggily.  "What?"
"Morning, gorgeous."  
I glanced down at myself and realized how tangled my hair was. "Oh, knock it off." I said, rolling my eyes.  
"I'm serious,"  he chuckled, sitting and brushing my hair from my face and smoothing it behind my shoulders.  I sat still, enjoying his gentle touch - it was amazing how much I was able to enjoy my new hubby, now that I wasn't totally freaked out about something.
"You're obviously blind if you think I'm so 'gorgeous'.  Hey, thank you soo much for getting up with the kids last night.  How can I ever thank you enough?!"  

 I leaned forward and gave him a kiss on the cheek.  He gave me a big smile.  "You just did."  
I couldn't help but smile when he smiled.  I wish that butterfly-ey feeling would go away, though.  But I guess if you quit having that feeling, that's when you quit loving whoever it is.  Right?  I have no clue.  Regardless.  
Then, I heard a small cry, which would soon break into a full-blown screech.  

"Annnd duty calls."  Flynn stood and held a hand out to me, which I took.  
He scooped up Allie, and I Hallie.  I reassured Hallie quietly until she quit crying, and she actually smiled up at me!  My heart squeezed, and I got that motherly feeling again.  She did have such an adorable little smile.  We set the babies back down once they were happy again, and then Jase sat up, blinking with confusion, until her face brightened.  Then she ran for me, and I picked her up to give her a quick cuddle.  
"I'm so glad I wasn't dreaming.  I was afraid I was dreaming, and when I'd wake up, you'd be gone and I'd still be parent-less."  
"You don't have to worry, honey," I bumped my forehead with hers and she giggled, then twisted around, spotted Flynn, and immediately flung her arms at him.  
Laughing, he took her from me.  I made my way over to Janet, and asked her how she'd slept last night. 
"Like a rock."  she smiled at me.  "Thanks." 
I nodded and patted her on the shoulder, before I went about brushing out and braiding my hair.  

When I was done braiding, I turned around just as Flynn reached out and swept me into a hug. "What was that for?" I asked, after pulling away from him a bit.  
"No particular reason.  Oh, and when I thought you couldn't get any prettier, you just did!"  He winked, and I rolled my eyes, playfully shoving him.  Instead of going backwards from the shove, he took me with him and we both almost fell down.  When we both regained our balance, he bent down and gave me a quick kiss.  
"Not in front of the kids," I giggled, glancing over my shoulder.  When I realized he was just going to turn away from the girls and kiss me again, I laughed, shoved him again, and slipped away.  I truly did love having him around, and joking around with him.  But it was time to get down to business.  I rounded up Janet and Jase, grabbed a brush and hair elastics, and fixed their hair up.

Here's Jase, looking a lot neater (: .....

...And elegant little Janet.  
I put an arm around Janet and turned her around to face Flynn, who was talking with Jase.  "Now, isn't she a lovely young lady?"
"Both of you are," he chuckled, with one of his award-winning grins.  (Well, he's never won any awards for his grins...but he totally should :P) 
Janet went back to her chair and sat down, right before Merida popped in.  
"Hi!"  I waved excitedly.  "Come on in and sit down."  

She did just that, but she scooped up the babies first - they'd started whimpering again.  "How're you two doing with these four?  Wait, four?  Ohh, hi!"  Merida laughed when she noticed Janet.  Janet returned her hello and said what her name was.  
Then, Merida turned back and looked at me.  "So?"
Glancing at Flynn, I grinned.  "It's been...interesting."  
"I thought I could hear crying last night - it was right under our shelf and wasn't necessarily all baby crying."  Merida said.  
"Yyyeah..." I said.  "Just was kind of overwhelmed."  
"Well, yeah."  
As promised last night, Flynn, Merida and I tried to figure in time every day where we could talk and have a break from the kids.  Merida promised that the four kids could come up to hang with the three of them every day, whenever we felt like it.  
"Oh, you can't..."
"Trust me.  It's boring up there.  I'll be happy to.  Why not go do something now, since I'm here?"  
As she put the babies down, I noticed that she stayed seated, not getting up to do so.  
"Your legs hurt?"

"Yeah, but I can still watch them."  
"No, you go rest."  
"Good grief, I can sit down and watch them just as well as I can stand and watch them!"  She laughed.  "Just go.  Janet will show me the ropes, yeah?"
Janet nodded.

When I started to disagree, she gave me a gentle push, which sent me right up against Flynn.  She waved, and so we did, too, before descending to the floor.

As we walked, we sort of drifted apart from one another.  When Flynn noticed that, he must have taken it as something else.  He held an arm out from his side, and I silently accepted, putting an arm around his waist and leaning my head up against him.  We walked in total silence, for awhile.  

"Do you forgive me?"  he asked suddenly.  
"For what?" I asked, confused.  
"For pushing you too far.  I should've never-"
I broke him off with a kiss on the cheek.  
"I forgive you - I never was really mad at you to begin with.  Did you think I was?"
"I didn't really know."  
Taking a line from Flynn, I grinned and said, "With a husband like you, I could never be unhappy long."  
He chuckled and told me to tell him when I wasn't sure about something.  "And just give me a swat on the back of the head if I don't listen."  he joked.  
I rolled my eyes and laughed.  
But he had a surprise up his sleeve.  
He stepped in front of me and held out a hand, his other behind his back.  
"May I have this dance?"
I stared at him for a second, wide-eyed, before deciding to nod.

Putting an arm around him and the other on his shoulder, I said, "But..I don't know how to dance."  
He smiled and  told me to just follow his movements, just as a song came on from Tangled Fan's iPod - he must've turned it on and set it to play songs at a certain time - if you could do that with an iPod.  
Yep.  I stepped on his boots repeatedly, scraped one toenail on the back of my bare heel once, (if you've never done that...IT HURTS!!), and basically, I was a complete failure.  But what awed me was that he knew how to dance.  Now I'm gonna take a line of Flynn's from the movie: 'Who knew, right?!' :D  
After the first song was over, I startled.  I was almost in a trance, I guess.  I pulled away and said that I needed to go check on Merida and the kids.  
"They're fine.  You just enjoy your romantic day off.  Since we couldn't have a honeymoon, I wanted to at least give you today to dance and everything and just talk.  And then every evening, or whenever, we'll be able to talk.  I know it's not a honeymoon like you probably wanted, but it's the best I can do."  He kissed my forehead, and I got the butterflies again.  
"If this is the best you can do, I'm beyond happy."  I said, and I meant it.
After the last song died down, I put my head on his shoulder, in no great rush to end this wonderful - and slightly embarrassing, because I didn't know how to dance - moment. He still held me close and stepped back and forth slowly, still to the tune of the last song. 
Eventually, I spoke up and apologized for being a failure and probably breaking half of his toes.
He got a good laugh out of that one.  "You were fine."
"You were absolutely fabulous!  I would never have guessed that you knew how to dance!  When did you learn?"  
"Oh....let's see..Friday after we went to meet the girls?  I slipped away and asked Rayne to teach me.  She's in on this as well - I asked her to make an appropriate playlist on Tangled Fan's iPod and to play it at that specific time."  
I made a mental note to thank Rayne for helping orchestrate this awesome day.    

After that, we climbed up onto the chair and watched the clouds outside the window...at least, we watched the clouds some.  Most of the time was spent sneaking glances at one another...you probably think we're hopeless romantics, but hey - we're just newlyweds, still :D  
Finally, we decided we did need to get back to the shelf. 

As I unbraided my hair, Merida picked every detail out, and I asked how her day with the kids had gone.  
"Janet's a really good kid.  She helped a lot.  The babies were pretty okay, I mean they cried some, but no biggie.  Jase was pretty good too - but she was very concerned that you guys wouldn't be back."  
I thanked her several times over, and gave her a hug.  
"It was a lot of fun - I'll be glad to have them over tomorrow!"  she smiled, waved, and then climbed back up to her shelf.  

And then we just sat around - I with the babies, Flynn with Jase, and Janet sat on the chair.  Eventually, the girls went to sleep, and the babies did too.  

Janet curled up on the chair...

...And Jase beside the chair.  We told her she didn't have to sleep there, but she said she liked it and thought it was really cool.  So we let her there. 
I guess I must've nodded off as well, tired out from going to bed really late, and also from our day out.   I felt the babies being gently picked up from my arms, but I was working hard to peel my eyes open, when I felt the shelf no longer under me!

My eyes popped open then, and I was face-to-face with Flynn.  
"Put me down..I can go to bed myself."  
"I can carry you, too.  You're really tired."  
I didn't want to fight him, so I just put my arms around his neck and hugged him tight.  

He set me carefully down on my back.  He sat down in his customary spot, smoothed my hair from my face, and then he leaned over so we could kiss good-night.  Then, he just placed a hand on my shoulder and smiled down at me until I finally went back to sleep, again.  Right before I fell asleep, I said, "You know what?"  He asked what, and I whispered, "I love you so much it hurts."  
He said, "Yeah, same here, sweetie."  But by the time he was at 'same here', I was falling fast asleep, for the second night in a row.  At least, before the babies would start crying again... ;)

It amazed me how such a tall, big-handed guy, who was sometimes cocky, could also be so gentle and sweet.  I was also beyond happy to share my life with him!  You probably all are getting disgusted or possibly even a little sick to your stomachs  reading our posts..I know we've both fallen hopelessly head-over-heels for each other and act all lovey-dovey with one another because of our feelings.  But I'm not done enjoying my sweet new hubby yet, so it'll probably be awhile before all the 'sweet, gushy stuff' dies down - if it ever does - sorry :P  

No comments:

Post a Comment