Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

New 'room' settling in...

Hey everyone!
So I posted a few hours ago that we've been moved to a different display spot...  and if you've already read it, you already know how challenging it's been to go from having our own shelf to sharing a shelf with Rayne, Merida, Blondie, as well as Allie.
Well, it's been several hours since we've actually been moved...and it's still boring going.  Everyone's kind of awkward and quiet, except the kids.
Hallie's been doing pretty good, but we've been passing her and Allie around between all of us all day long, so she hasn't laid down all day long, except for when she took a nap beside Allie.  :D

Flynn started shifting from side-to-side, and then asked if he could sit.  I stood up and relinquished the wicker chair to him.
"Sit," he said, patting his lap and smiling kindly at me.
"Nah, I'll stand," I said.  I didn't need to feel any more awkward...even though I don't know why I'd be awkward..I mean, we ARE married and everyone around us are our friends, who all know we're hopeless around one another. xD
I went to move away, but he managed to reach out, hook me around the waist, and pull me towards him until I had to either sit or fall down.
I giggled, but my face felt hot, and then my heart surged with affection for my husband.  "You're awful.  I was gonna stand."
"I'm tired of acting like this today.  If someone doesn't like it, they can lump it!"  He whispered in my ear.
"You really are terrible."  I said, rolling my eyes.  "And what about 'not in front of the kids'?"  I added in a whisper.
"It's just sitting.  We could go take a walk," he suggested quietly, and I nodded.
I stood, and he did as well.
"We're gonna go take a walk," I announced.
"Okay.  We'll watch the girls for you," Rayne said.
Jase was napping, so I didn't wake her to give her a see-you-later hug like I usually did before we went on walks.
Flynn took my hand and led me off the shelf.

It was pretty tricky getting down.  There were no boxes to jump down onto, or the chair.  We had to be pretty careful with our steps, or we'd slip!  I had no clue how we'd get back up...!

When we finally reached the floor, Flynn promptly leaned down and gave me a sweet kiss, wrapping his arms gently around me.
My heart soared, and when he eventually pulled away, I lingered in his arms.  "You're a man of impulse, aren't you."
"I couldn't waste one more minute," he said with a wink, and I rolled my eyes.  "So, sweetly sarcastic wife of mine, how are you adjusting to the new shelf?"
"It stinks." I whispered.  "It's not that I don't mind having everyone around us, it's just that it's that way...All.  The.  Time.  And we don't have any privacy at all..." I leaned my head on his chest.
"I presume we will be taking a lot of walks," he said, kissing my hair.
"We're not doing much walking."  I looked up at him.  "But that's alright."  I leaned in as close to him as I could get and he tightened his embrace.  My heart alternated between thundering and leaping.  If there was any difference.  But I didn't wonder about it too much.
He rested his cheek on top of my head and sighed.  "We'll work something out, I'm sure."
"How will all of us sleep?  I mean, there was hardly room for us and the four kids in the other shelf, that was BIGGER!  And now there's three kids, you, me, Merida, Rayne, and Blondie.  EIGHT of us, five being fully grown.  It will be soooo awkward...and we can't have our usual nightly talks or kiss goodnight or anything.  It's gonna be sooooooo weird and awkward...If Tangled Fan would've done this to us almost two months ago, I would've been much, much more comfortable with it, and then if she would've moved us to our old shelf, by ourself, after we got married and stuff....ugh."
He put a finger to my lips, but I still managed to get my 'ugh' out.
"It'll be fine."
"And you'll end up with migraines, I know it!  There won't be any room to lay down, and-"
"Didn't you hear me,  babe?  I said it'll be fine."
"But..." I started up again, but he kissed me long enough to shut me up.  "You're a jerk."
"Hey, call me whatever.  But it worked!" He grinned at me and my heart melted.
"Sorry.  You're not a jerk..you just know how to quiet me down is all.  But good grief, stop making my heart do weird things."  I joked as I willed my heart to settle down.  Could I not be around him without feeling like I was on cloud 9??
He stroked my hair and I finally got too warm and pulled away from him, feeling like my plastic might melt.  I grabbed at his hand and looked up into those chocolatey brown eyes, and I felt almost mesmerized.  "We, um...should probably get back to Jase and Hallie, and...ah..."
He looked up, and I noticed that it was starting to grow dark.  "I don't see or hear them.  It looks like everyone else might just be asleep or something."
"Probably silently spying on us or something."  I mumbled, and he chuckled.
"If they are, why not give them something to be surprised about?" he pulled me in  as if to give me a big, exaggerated kiss, and I pushed him away.
"You really are terrible," I grinned, and he came back to tickle me.  "Stop it. Stop...I'll yell for Merida if you don't - she'll start firing arrows at ya."
"If you do, I'm kissing you.  Then if she does fire arrows at me, I'll die a happy man."
I rolled my eyes and made a mock-disgusted sound.  "Easily pleased, are we?"
"Very much so, around you.  Funny thing is that I wasn't like this until we got married.  But then again, just your smile always could brighten my day, even in those stupid plastic boxes."
"Okay, mister mushy, sappy guy."  I joked, but I couldn't help the smile growing on my lips.
"You wouldn't love me any other way."
"I might," I cocked my head, pretending to think it over, and gave him an impish grin.  At least, until I yawned.
He swung me back in towards him and held me close again.  "Guess what."
"What?" I played along.
He bent to give me one final kiss.  "Love you."
"Love you too..." I trailed off, amazed at how 'warm and fuzzy' those two words had made me feel.
After that, we crept up to the top of the shelf.  Everyone was sprawled out in various spots.
Flynn looked at me, and I at him.  I shrugged, biting my lip with uncertainty.  Finally, we found a small spot up against the wall, where we were able to curl up at to go to sleep.  As we went past Jase, on the chair, I felt a stab of guilt. I'd hardly done anything with her the past few days..and then I decided that no matter what, I was going to stay on the shelf with Jase and have a day all to her and Hallie.
I curled up beside my hubby and took a deep breath in, fumbling until I found his hand.  I held it loosely, and that's how we fell asleep.




No comments:

Post a Comment