Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

1 week anniversary :D

Thursday dawned muggy, but not rainy for once! We'd been married for one week already - Sometimes, though, I can't believe it's been JUST one week!  
I woke up to find Flynn already awake.  I propped myself up on my elbow and smiled at him.  "Morning," I said with a smile.  
He put a hand on my arm with a grin.  "Probably should get up now, cause they're expecting the girls soon."  
"Huh?" I asked, slightly lost. 
"Them." he nodded towards Merida's shelf.  "They're gonna watch the girls today."  
"Ohhh.  All day?"

He stood, and I followed him, grinning.  "What're we gonna do?"
"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you."  He tried to keep a stone face.  
"Fine."  I pretended to sulk, but then I grabbed him and tried to tickle him.  Unfortunately, I figured out that he wasn't ticklish.  So instead, he grabbed me back and tickled me.  And I'm super ticklish.  
"You're terrible." I pretended to be mad.  
"You started it," he laughed.  
I rolled my eyes and gave him a shove before he pulled me in for a quick kiss.  
Then, I decided I'd best get ready.  Since it was our 1 week anni, (it wouldn't be much of a big deal, but with us dolls, we never know when one or both of us are going to end up dismembered by a child or something, so we try to make the most of everything when we're married), I scrounged around and found a couple other outfits to try on.  
The first was a shirt and skirt set from Barbie.  It was cute, but I didn't really like how it looked on me.  Besides, I could hardly pull the skirt over my hips!  Didn't Barbies have any hips at all?!  I got the Velcro fastened, and then looked down.  Half of my belly was sticking out, and no matter how far I yanked the skirt up, it still showed.  Ummm, no.  

Next, I tried on the Barbie dress Merida wore at my wedding.  It was cute, but I think - no, I KNOW it looked better on Merida than it did me!  And it was pretty loose - one wrong move and half the bodice would slide down.  Ummm, no, again.  Sighing, I put my original dress back on and braided my hair.

Putting one hand on my arm, I walked over to Flynn and said, "I couldn't find anything decent, so this'll have to do..sorry."  
He split into a grin, though, and swept me up into a hug.  "You're beautiful."  
I smiled up at him...and then I spotted Merida peering down from their shelf. 
"You gonna bring them kiddos up anytime soon?"  She asked with a grin.  
I nodded, and we started carting the kids up to the shelf.  
Merida took Allie and Jase; Janet went to talk with Blondie.  

Rayne took Hallie and held her.  A huge, huge smile split her face.  
Hallie blinked at her, wide-eyed, and I held my breath in wait of a bloodcurdling scream to rise from that tiny baby.  
When no screech came, Merida, Flynn, and I  exchanged surprised looks.  Rayne caught on to our 'looks' and laughed.  
"You guys go have a nice, romantic day, now." She winked at me and I blushed.  
I waved to everyone, and let Flynn lead me down the shelf.  

When we were down there, I held his hand and we talked about whatever came to our minds.  He smiled whenever I'd talk, as if he was basking in every word I said. It made me feel kind of embarrassed, not used to being so loved!  Not like I don't enjoy it, though ;)

Then he swung me in towards him, as I heard some music come on.  "Dance?"
My heart flitted.  "S-sure," I smiled, carefully putting an arm around his waist and another on his shoulder.  He held me more comfortably than he had the other day.




And then we just danced.  Nothing too major-ly exciting about that...just enchanting and I hope I'm getting better at dancing!  And I'm so glad to have such a great hubby that will dance with a complete hopeless like me :P 
He'd put together a playlist on Tangled Fan's iPod.  I included the list of the songs, from YouTube, here - in case you want to listen to any of them (:
(Okay, so it should be pretty well-established that we LOVE The Band Perry by now. :D)  
When the music stopped, we eased to a stop as well.  
"Thank you for being such a wonderful hubby." I smiled up at him.
He impulsively tipped me backwards and gave me a big kiss, which I gladly returned.  He eventually tipped me back upright, and when he pulled away from me, he glanced sheepishly towards the door.  
Tangled Fan was standing there, with a big ole' grin on her face and her cell phone in her hand.  
Can you say, "knock before entering, PLEASE?!"  I mean, I know this is her bedroom, but...when there are dolls in here too, you'd think you would need to knock to make sure you weren't getting into the middle of something.  Just saying...Oh well.
She walked over to the shelf, picked up all the girls, and with her other hand, snagged Flynn and I up to do a photoshoot.  
I was pretty annoyed that we had to do this today, but that's another 'oh well'.  Here are our favorites:



This one is kind of a laugh.  Janet was the only one facing the camera.  
Flynn and I were looking towards the door after hearing something, and Jase..I'm not sure what on earth she was doing! :P




Flynn trying to be a big macho guy and have all four kids in one pic.  Janet got a good laugh out of him, and I did, too.  Almost everything about him makes me laugh or at least smile.  But we're still newlyweds, and anyway, off to the rest of the pics.  ;)





When we were released to do as we pleased, and Tangled Fan had set the kids back with Merida, Rayne, and Blondie, Flynn and I just meandered about and talked some more.  
After awhile, though, we heard some pitter-pattering, and climbed up to the windowsill to look out the window.

Annnd it was raining.  Again.  I put a hand against the glass and sighed.  "I wish this crummy rain would go away.  And bring some less-humid weather in!"  
Flynn nodded.  "That's for sure.  At least our plans weren't ruined!"  He grinned, and my heart thudded hard against my ribcage.  Be still, my heart! :D  

He reached an arm around me and kissed my forehead.  I wondered if the room suddenly got hotter, or if it was just my face.  

And right now, it's getting to be a really bad storm here, so I gotta go...!  Ugh, this weather.  





No comments:

Post a Comment