Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Month In Review - Meeting the girls

Hey all!
Today, we'll be reviewing when we got to meet Jase, Allie, and Hallie.  Instead of several posts, it'll probably just be one biggggg long post...maybe!
My text will be purple, and Flynn's green.  
To refresh your memory, the posts we're looking over are HERE, HERE, and HERE.   In that order! (:

So...let's get started.

Wow, you seriously did have a lot of 'reservations' about fostering. And Merida's "I'm not good with kids"...that's funny.  She's great with Allie now!

For sure.  

Haha, oh my.  I forgot that Jase told us that she shared the same nickname as someone from that TV show, Duck Dynasty.  We'll have to watch a few episodes on the computer and let her know if they're 'good humans' or not.  I've heard it's really funny.  

Maybe we could do that on one of our day outings.  

Sounds like a plan!  

I still can remember how sure Jase was that we were going to be her Momma and Daddy.  She was just devastated when we left.  

If she was fostered by HB and Ray, I can understand why she's the way she is.  I like the way she is, anyhow.  It's just a shame that they had her!  She's such a sweet girl.  

Don't even get me started on HB and Ray.  Anyway...back to the posts?  

Yup.


Wow.  So...that post is done.  That was a relatively quick post - despite all the things that were going through my head!  I must not have typed them all out.  It woulda been miles long if I had typed it all out!  

I don't doubt that.  

Aw..Janet was such a good kid.  I miss her!  I hope she got into good hands.  

That's for sure.  

To think I was so hesitant!  I just love them now.  And I'm glad we rushed...I think.  

You sure were upset that night, though.  I was amazed when you told me to shut up...that kind of makes me laugh now, though!

Yeah, yeah.  

I think this was the first time we had a true, big heart-to-heart.  You're probably sick of those by now - they usually end with me crying my eyes out.  Sometimes I wish I could be less emotional.  

I'm not tired of our heart-to-hearts.  Usually, they're long overdue, because you try to bottle everything up until you can't anymore!  And I wouldn't like you any other way.  

Yeah, but..good grief.  Just reading what Jase said about me ('you sure didn't seem to understand how to be a momma, you were sure trying hard and she loved you anyway') Just reading THAT made me feel like crying!

Annd on to the next post.  Before my wife gets all cry-y!  (Just kidding, hon. ;) )  I guess this review post won't be nearly as long as what we thought it would be...which is good for the readers! 

Jase sure talks about her games a lot, I've noticed!

That's because she makes up so many!  The girl's got a big imagination.  
Oh wow.  Was I seriously that awful?  I got a laugh out of your "she looked like she could use a hug and some reassuring words.  Make that a lot of reassuring words."  Talk about dead-on?!

Yeah, you were seriously like that, but it's understandable!  

And you would think those stupid butterflies would've gone away by now.  I can understand why you might feel that way, cause we had just married and everything..but really?  Over a month later??

True love, dear girl; true love.  

Stop it.  I'll swat you one on the back of the head if you make those dumb butterflies come!  

If you'd stop making me laugh by saying-

You're pathetic.  

I know I am.  You are too!  

You readers are probably thinking we're hopeless.  You'd most likely be right.  

Anyway...oh, jeesh.  You felt THAT bad about it?  I mean, sure I cried a little, but it was nothing to beat yourself up about.  

You cried...a LITTLE?  And I know, but it's not easy seeing your newlywed wife crying over a decision you suggested.  

I did NOT snore!  You're joking around.  

Yeah, actually...you did snore.  Totally understandable, but yes, it was legit.  

You're terrible.  

You're the one who snores!  

I've heard you snore plenty, too.  So we're even!  

Anyway...before our bantering goes on much further..that's it.  Those three posts went a LOT quicker than I thought they would!  

We're probably heading off to spend some family time with the girls again...talk to you all soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment