Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tangled and Duck Dynasty.... :D

The next morning, I woke up around four in the morning.  I tried to just go back to sleep, but I couldn't...and by the sounds of things, Flynn was up too. 
My face mashed into the top of the dresser, I sighed and drearily lifted my head up to look at Flynn through the dimness. 
"Did I wake you up, hon?"  he asked immediately, situating himself on his side. 
"I guess not...why are you up anyway?" 
"I got one of Tangled Fan's shirts out of the dresser drawer to use as a blanket.  I was even starting to get chilly, so I figured you definitely would be cold.  She forgot to shut the window last night.  Oh, and I checked up on the girls.  They're still warm.  And I was kind of marveling at the fact that you were sleeping in the position you were, faceplanted into the dresser, without being uncomfortable." he whispered. 
I suddenly became aware of the fact that there was, indeed, a shirt spread over me.  I nodded and laughed through my nose. "I dunno..I was pretty comfy..until I woke up and realized I couldn't breathe."  I joked. 
He gave me a grin and then kissed my forehead, pulling me close to him.  I wiggled down into the makeshift blanket and enjoyed the warmth from both the shirt and his gentle arm around me. 


When I woke up again around eight thirty....(not even the vibrating phone woke me!) I smiled to myself and turned to look at Flynn.  Only...he wasn't there. 
Wait a minute.  Where was he? 
I jumped up, narrowly missing the bench before I remembered to duck, and then I scrambled out from under it. 
Rayne was the only one up. 
"Do you know where Flynn is?"  I asked her, wide-eyed. 
She shrugged.  "I thought he was with you?" 
"He..." Panic gripped my heart, knotted my stomach, and I trailed off, covering my mouth with my hand.  "What do you think happened to...do you think Tangled Fan..."
I cast a quick, careless glance around the room, but couldn't see him. 
"The girls are still asleep, so I'm going to go look for him.  If they wake up, do you mind watching them until I come back?"  I asked. 
"Yeah, that's fine.  Go," Rayne said, eyebrows furrowed with concern. 
I wheeled around to begin my search...and he was just climbing up onto the dresser. 
I gasped and dove for him, grabbing him into a relieved hug. 
He caught me (luckily.  If he hadn't, I would've gone over the edge of the dresser!  Why am I so accident prone??  Disney princesses just aren't that accident prone in the movies...) Anyway.  He caught me and held me close for a moment, chuckling. 
I pulled away from him.  "Where on earth were you?!  You scared the tar out of me!" 
"I went and asked Tangled Fan if we could have the laptop back here.  She said she'd bring it back in a few minutes...And then I invited the 18 inchers to come to Tangled Fan's bed and we'd all watch Tangled, and some Duck Dynasty.  Why were you scared?"
"Oh, okay.  You could've told me..but oh well.  That sounds like a lot of fun!  I was just scared because I woke up..and you weren't there, and then I couldn't see you anywhere...and I just sort of freaked out, I guess."  I laughed at myself thinking about it now. 
He nodded.  "I'm sorry...I was going to tell you, but I looked at you and you were sleeping so peacefully...so I figured I'd be back before you were up.  Sorry," he repeated. 
"It's fine.  I'm just overreactive," I chuckled, and he pulled me close into another hug. 
After a couple seconds, though, the door burst open and Tangled Fan came in, plugged the computer on, and set the Tangled DVD into the dvd port. 
"It's all set up for you guys, Flynn.  Enjoy,"  she said, and before anyone could answer, she was gone.

After awhile, once everyone else was up, we made our way onto the bed. 

Elizabeth, Hailey, Julie, and Christy were already sitting there, waiting for us to start the movie.  Even Punzie was there!  I smiled and while I waited for everyone else to get settled, I talked with them. 


Here's our decently-sized crowd! :P  I laid on my stomach with Hallie, to make sure that little Julie could see... :D 
The movie was awesome!  I guess I'm just about as indecisive as the movie character.  We all got several good laughs out of it.  At one point, I laughed so hard I cried!  And during the lantern scene, I almost accidentally started warbling along with "I See the Light".  I'm not the greatest singer...not the worst, but I'm not as good as Mandy Moore, who voiced Rapunzel in the movie, let's just put it that way! :D  Flynn started up too...he's not too bad a singer!  Merida just laughed at us.  Hey, at least we didn't make the babies cry or break anything from our singing. 
Oh, and then there was the scene where Mother Gothel kills Eugene in the movie.  Rayne was crying, Hailey and Elizabeth were crying, Blondie sniffled a bit...and then I was bawling like a baby...and Merida just rolled her eyes and muttered something about 'us Rapunzels being overreactive'.  She may be right.  :D  I was a little concerned that Jase would get scared at the end of the movie, but she seemed fine. 


Sometime during the scene where Eugene cuts Rapunzel's hair off and then he dies in her arms, my Flynn started stroking my hair.  I turned to look at him, about to tease him and ask if he was thinking about cutting my hair..and then I saw he was teary eyed.  Ohhh boy.  Even HE was going to cry about his character dying?  I dunno.  Regardless, I gave him a small smile and turned back to the movie in time to cry my eyes out to Rapunzel crying out the rest of the healing incantation song. 
 
Whew.  I'm glad we watched the movie before we watched Duck Dynasty...at least we could get light-hearted again after watching that movie!  I liked it, but the end is so sad...I mean, until Eugene's healed and everything.  :D 
We watched about an hour of Duck Dynasty.  EVERYONE got a kick out of it!  I laughed...Our Jase was beyond excited to see the person who shares the same nickname as she does. 

After that, and everyone had left, Eugene--whoops.  My FLYNN*...I'm going to have problems not calling my husband Eugene now, because in the movie, his name  *technically* was Eugene Fitzherbert..or however you spell that last name... :D  Anyway...my FLYNN and I decided that we definitely really needed to work on the month in review posts now...how long has it been since we posted them, seriously??  We're hoping to get at least 1 or two done today...but we'll see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment