Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

First Real Fight =[

So...Friday evening, I was feeling like I needed to go for a walk.
"Want to go on a walk with me?"  I went over to Flynn and asked.
"You shouldn't walk too much on that leg of yours," he warned immediately.
"Oh, come on.  It's not nearly as bad as it was earlier this week!  C'mon.  Please?"  He shook his head.  "Fine...I'll go on my own, then..."
I started to walk off, expecting that he would come with, but he didn't.   When I peeked around my shoulder, he was still standing where I'd left him at.
"Oh, come on!"  I exclaimed, striding over and grabbing his hand.  "I promise I won't overdo it!"
He shook his head with uncertainty.  "Just give it a couple more days, please?  I promised-"
"Oh, phooey.  I'm fine.  And Tangled Fan doesn't have to know!"
"I don't think-"
"Then I'll go by myself.  I have no problem with it if you don't want to come with."  I let go of his hand and walked towards the edge of the shelf.  
"Don't!  I'm telling you-"
I wheeled around.  "I am not made of glass, Flynn.  Walking might HELP me heal up!  Ever think about that?  Huh?!  I don't CARE what Tangled Fan says!  I am going for a walk if it kills me."
"Then don't complain to me and come limping home when you realize I'm right."  He said; so suddenly that even HE looked surprised.

You could have heard a pin drop.  Everyone turned to look at us.  
My eyes widened and my jaw dropped; my mouth made aimless movements in an attempt to spit something back out at him.
"You...you don't have to be such a jerk!"
I came to my senses again and shook my head at him before I whirled back around and jumped down off of the dresser onto the bed.
I jumped off of the bed onto the trunk, and then to the floor.  After that, I stomped off.
I crossed my arms and tromped towards the window angrily.  He needn't be so...so...THAT WAY about it!  I simply wanted to go on a quick walk with my husband, and Mr. Overprotective had to go and be a jerk.  I just wouldn't ask him to go with me next time, if he was going to be that way about it!  As I thought angry thoughts, I stumbled over my own feet and almost fell down.  I fell onto my hands and knees and huffed, mad at myself now, too.  I stood and turned to walk back, realizing that like it or not, it was starting to get dark in the bedroom.
As I walked, I continued thinking.  Maybe he did have a point.  Maybe...maybe he was just really worried that something would happen to me.  When he gets really worried, he gets a little short, sometimes.  And the way he'd looked at me, it seemed like he'd spoken without thinking.  Maybe that'd teach him to think before he speaks!  But he's never...it's basically like his life mission to protect and love me, so he was just...
I gasped in horror as I remembered what I'd yelled at him before I'd ran off.  'You don't have to be such a jerk!'...maybe I was the one who didn't need to be such a jerk!  I started to hurry up my pace, hoping I'd get back to the shelf before he went to bed.  I needed to apologize to him.  Now, instead of wishing HE'D apologize, I realized it was the other way around.
I made quick work of climbing back up to the bed, and then I bounded for the head of the bed.
I paused.  I heard pacing.  Thank goodness....he was still awake.  I had no idea what I'd say, but I'd figure something out.
I frantically scrabbled up to the top of the dresser.  
"Flynn!  I am so, so sorry!"  I exclaimed.
"It's not me yer wantin' to talk with."  Merida said.
Merida?
My heart dropped.  "Oh.  Sorry!  What're you doing up?  Is everyone else asleep?"
"It's too muggy.  I can't sleep.  Plus, I figured sooner or later, you'd likely come racing up like you just did."
"Oh..sorry."  I said.
"That's fine.  So, have ye walked it off yet?"
"I feel so horrible, Merida. I can't believe I told him he was a jerk.  All he was doing was trying to protect me."
"He didn't need to snap at ye in that way, either.  But no, you shouldn't have yelled at him, either.  Trust me, he's feeling awful about it as well.  I had to give him basically the same kind of talk that I'm giving you now,  after you left."
My lips trembled.  "I want to tell him I'm sorry, but I don't want to wake him..."
Merida shrugged.  "It'll be fine. I dunno 'bout you, but that stuff can wait till tomorrow.  I'm going to bed."
"Alright...well, thanks for the talk."  I said, watching her figure move off.
I remained standing, though, knowing I wouldn't be able to sleep until I either calmed down or somehow talked with Flynn.
"What did you want to say?"
I whirled around.  Through the growing darkness, I saw Flynn was standing, looking at me groggily.  "Flynn!  I-...uh..did I wake you?"
"I wasn't sleeping very well.  I wanted to talk," he said, giving me a pensive stare.
"Me, too."  I said.  I just wasn't sure how to say it.  I fumbled for something to say.
Before I could say anything, Flynn took one huge step over and grabbed me close to him, and then bent to give me a relieved kiss.  When he pulled away, he stroked my hair.
"I'm-"
"I am so-..go ahead. Sorry."
I chuckled, pressing my head against his chest.
"I'm sorry.  I shouldn't have called you a jerk.  You aren't...you were just trying to protect me.  And I feel horrible about it."    
"I'm sorry as well.  I shouldn't have snapped at you like that.  It was just pure mean of me.  I should've just gone with you and held my tongue.  I know you're not made of glass, and I shouldn't treat you like that.  I'm sorry."
He rubbed his hand up and down my back, and I felt a tingle go up my spine.
"Next time I'm overprotective, just swat me upside the back of the head, okay?"  He told me quietly.
"Nope.  Just...if you could just be a little less protective, and at least give me the benefit of the doubt as to whether or not I can do something, please?"
He reached down and rested his head on top of mine.  "Okay.  I'll try, anyway.  I'm sorry."
"You already said you were...I should be the one apologizing, because I called you-"
He took my face in his hands and I stopped, looking up at him.  He stroked my cheeks with the pads of his thumbs, and then bent to give me another kiss.
"So we're all fine again?"  I asked.
He smiled kindly down at me.  "I hope so."
I gave him a relieved smile, and then nestled in closer to him.  He wrapped his arms around me and sighed.
"I love you, hon.  Even if I might not act like it sometimes, I do."  He whispered in my hair.
"Same here...love you, too."  I replied.  And then I looked up at him, suddenly horrified at what time it must be.  "Oh my gosh.  You need to get to bed.  It's way too late for you!"
"It's ten o clock.  That's not 'way too late'," he protested with a chuckle.  "But I'll be good."  He withdrew his arms from me and I followed him to underneath the bench, where he flopped down on his side.  I sprawled out on my back and shut my eyes...for a few minutes, anyway.  When I felt his fingers trailing across my forehead to swipe some hairs from my face, I opened my eyes back up to see him propped up on his elbow and leaning over me.
"You're not sleeping."  I chided quietly.
"I'm just relieved we were able to not..like...I dunno.  I'm just glad there were no hard feelings, I guess is what I'm trying to say."  He grinned, and I gave him a small smile in return.
"Same here, once more."  I said before rolling over onto my side.
He reached over and pulled me close, and though I felt pretty awkward being so close to him - and my face was definitely hot, and it was definitely too muggy out to cuddle, but I didn't say anything and just enjoyed his forgiving attitude and how his arm felt loosely draped around me.  With that, I was asleep relatively soon.

2 comments: