Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Month in review post 3 - Flynn visit #2

Hi everyone!  If you've survived the past two posts - which you can find the links to at the end of this,  you are awesome!  :D  If you want to view the post we're going thru, click HERE.
As always, my text will be in purple, and Flynn's in green.  

Hm.  Into the Open Air as a description of our relationship at the time- I get it, and I love that song to boot!  (:  And yeah...I was droopy because of the heat, kind of.  And secondly, I was freaking out about telling you about the fact that I overheard Tangled Fan saying about putting me on eBay!

I dunno what I'd do if she would've done that.  And good grief, if I would've known she was considering THAT...! 

You have no idea how happy I was when you suggested braiding my hair.  It was in my face and just plain annoying!  

Yep - and when I realized I didn't have anything to hold it in place with, I could've died.  I just could have DIED in embarrassment!  

I know you did.  I could hear it in your voice.  Now, I find the whole thing comical.  To think we were so awkward and easily embarrassed back then!  

Back then?  Saying it that way makes it sound like we've been married for, like, ever.  Not just a month or so!  

I know.  But it seems longer than that - like I've known you forever.  And I just got a good laugh out of this - "I was just kind of standing there.  With a handful of hair and nothing to tie it with.  That's normal, right?"  Yep...It may be normal if you're married to someone with hair as long as mine! :P  You should make a blog called "Hazards of Marrying Someone With A Foot Of Hair".  You could probably post a lot of funny stuff on there.  

Good idea.  And yeah...I strive to be funny, you know that!  And good grief.  You could never know how horribly embarrassed I was that day!  First, it was awkward when I first came to visit, then I goofed up and offered to braid your hair without thinking about the fact that I didn't have any rubber bands...and THEN you almost got knocked over when I accidentally let go of your braid!  That hair has a mind of its own, I'm telling you.  

It seems like it does sometimes!  And oh my..you didn't have to feel so embarrassed!  I guess it was because we hadn't been around each other much, outside of our boxes. 

I can't believe I didn't get what you were getting at.  I mean, seriously.  We'd just had that talk two days before!  

You were totally embarrassed and weirded out.  That's why you couldn't think straight!  

You have noooo clue how glad I was to have gotten all that about my thoughts off my chest.  And then when you acted like you weren't sure...I was sure I would be sent to eBay then.  And all of a sudden, I realized how much I DID love you and that I would simply die if she would send me off to some other house, just because my arm was goobered up.  I realized how I couldn't live without you.  I realized-

Don't you dare even think about that, let alone tell ME about that!  You'll make me cry.  

Ha, ha.  How do you think I felt, then??!

I know.  And by the way - I was sure I wanted to propose.  I just wasn't sure how to DO it, exactly.  I hadn't had any time to practice, or anything -

Practice...for proposing to a girl you love?  You men seem pretty complex, too.

All you girls have to do is say 'yes' or 'no'.  Us guys have to prepare some big speech to impress you and actually ask.  It's a life-changing choice, you know, so we have to think a LOT about it!  And sometimes we even will get cold feet about it.  I almost did, but then I realized I couldn't wait any longer.  

Yeah...you surprised me so much when you actually did propose...that's the first, and probably the last time, you will EVER see me at a loss for words, folks!  :D 

And yep.  I didn't feel any different, either.  I guess it didn't hit me until our wedding day.  And then it hit HARD!  

While we're at this post, I'm gonna let you all know -
When we get to the posts where Flynn posts his side, and I post mine?  We'll do a section for each in ONE post, so we won't have a zillion posts up - I'm quite sure you'll be tired of hearing from us!  =D
Oh, and one more thing -
You can read part 1 HERE
You can read part 2 HERE
You can read my version of this post HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment