Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Coming home !!!!

Hey everyone!! (:
I was waiting at the door bright and early the next morning, waiting for Tangled Fan just as I'd said I would be.  But it turns out that she popped in for a few seconds, told me she had to go someplace today, and she'd be back later and take me up then.  UGH.  Soo, it turned out that it was evening before she FINALLY came back in...and I was waiting at the exact same spot.  She almost stepped on me!  She stooped down, picked me up, and laughed.
"You stay true to your word, don'tcha!"  she laughed.
"I just wanna get back to my kids and my hubby."  I laughed.  All feelings of anger towards Flynn had washed away, and I still felt bad about being so childish towards him.  And I couldn't wait to go back home!
She jogged up some stairs, turned down a hallway, and set me on her bed. "I gotta run!" she exclaimed, hurrying back out.
Nobody had even paid any attention to her on the dresser above.  I couldn't see Merida up there, and Flynn was standing up, his back turned to the direction in which I would climb up onto the dresser.  He was talking to Jase or Hallie; I couldn't see.  But that was perfect!

I crept up onto the dresser, and snuck a few tentative, silent steps towards Flynn.
Rayne saw me, but she also realized what I was up to, so she just suppressed a grin and watched.
I took a few quick, long strides towards him and then stood behind him for a moment, deciding what I wanted to do....should I jump at him?  Stick a cold finger in his ear?  Whisper a 'boo' in his ear?  Hmm.  Deciding, I stood on tiptoe and grabbed his shoulders, whispering 'boo' in his ear.
He jumped and shook all over; and I started laughing.  I let go of his shoulders and he stumbled backwards.  He almost fell over me, and I backpedaled while still trying to keep him from falling.  Not the easiest thing to do!  Okay, so that had backfired a bit.
When he'd gained his balance back, he turned around on his heel.  My laughter had subsided, but when his face brightened and he cupped his hands around my face, I giggled and bounced up on my tiptoes to give him a kiss before he bent to give me one.  When we pulled apart, he gave me a grin.
"No more cold shoulder?"  he joked.
"No more!"  I said, smiling for a minute, and then it faded.  "Sorry I was such a brat."
"It's fine," he said, pulling me close and resting his head on top of mine for a moment.  I put my arms tightly around him and smiled up at him.
Jase wormed her way in between us and latched onto both of my legs so tightly that I could hardly even bend down to pick her up.  I managed to, however, and gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.  She gave me that sweet little dimple-y grin.
"I'm sooooo glad you're back, Momma!  Daddy kept going on about how bad he felt, so I bet he's glad you're back, too!  He didn't tell ME that, but I heard him saying it to the others.  But I'm really glad you're back!  You're better?"
I chuckled at her enthusiastic babbling.  "Yes...I'm all better, sweetie."  I tickled her and glanced up at Flynn, wondering about the 'daddy kept going on about how bad he felt' part.  We'd talk about that later.  She squirmed, and I set her back down.  Flynn kept an arm around me...oh great.  Now we'd be back to Velcro-Flynn...again!  Anyway...
I turned towards him, taking his hand.  "Where's Merida?"
"She went to shoot.  Said she was hoping you'd get back before she went, but that didn't happen..she'll probably be back soon."  His face held a huge grin on his face.
"I see..." I said, pulling away to go pick up Hallie.
Hallie immediately gave me a big grin and wiggled in my arms.  I laughed at her silliness and cuddled her close to me.  Her little plastic arms felt cold...despite the fact that it was chilly, Tangled Fan  never turned the heat on!  But you wouldn't figure on needing the HEAT turned on in the middle of August, for goodness' sake. It's been in the low 40s at night, I think, so it's not horribly bad, but still.
I held her close, and then sat down.

Soon after my arrival, Merida returned.  She saw me and a grin split her face. "Yer back, are ye?"  She said, setting her bow down.  I laughed and nodded.
She nodded.  "Try to not injure yerself again, would ye?  Ye've been in and outta injuries wayyy more than normal!"
I chuckled.  "Yeeahhh...I suppose I have!"
"You SUPPOSE you have?"  Flynn asked, walking up to stand in front of me, that grin on his face.  I rolled my eyes at him and gave Jase a sideways glance.
"Jase...Do you think we should pick on Daddy?"
She jumped up eagerly, nodding.
I laughed, laying Hallie down and standing up.  "I'll get his hands, you tickle."
Jase giggled and raced towards him, tickling wildly.  I made a grab for his hands, but he made some quick, jerking movements and I couldn't get a hold of him.  Finally, he grabbed both of my arms and pulled me close, holding me around my waist in front of him and then he reached down and snagged Jase, swinging her up onto his shoulder.  She shrieked with laughter when he tickled her.  I laughed at all of our silliness and then squirmed to get away from him.  He finally let me go, and I turned around to him, still giggling.  Jase was still laughing as well.  He shook his head at us and let Jase down off of his shoulder.  She grinned up at him, and then tore off to play with Blondie.  I chuckled at her, and then turned to glance at the window, finally noticing how chilly I was.
Well, good grief - no wonder it was so chilly inside!  Tangled Fan still had her window open from this morning when it was in the 70s...great.  Oh well...
I followed Flynn to sit beside the babies.  I picked Hallie up and cuddled her close, and all of us talked for awhile.

One by one, everyone else went to bed.  Merida, Flynn and I made a bed for the kiddos using her cape, and within minutes, the three of them were all covered up, warm and cozy for the night.
I know that personally, I could've stayed up and talked for a good while longer, since it was just about 9, but when  Merida gave into sleep, I decided we'd better head to bed as well.  When we crawled underneath the bench; however, I just sat down and looked at Flynn.
"So....spill the beans."
"What?"  he said, sitting beside me and studying my face in confusion.
"The thing Jase said about you feeling so bad and everything...?"  I said, an eyebrow raised.
"Well..." he trailed off and sighed.  "Okay, fine.  I just felt bad because I'd gone back on my word; that's all it was.  That I'd let you down." 
"Ahh," I said, nodding. I wanted to talk, but I wasn't sure how I wanted to.
"So tell me, wife...how was your two days?"
"Boring.  I just laid around.  I did really like that warm blanket, though!"  I laughed quietly, putting my arms around myself.
"You cold?"  He said, giving me a concerned look.
"Kind of," I shrugged.
"Want me to get-"
"No, Flynn.  Stay here.  Aren't you cold?"
"Not really, but I've got this long-sleeve shirt, and you've just got short sleeves.  C'mere," he instructed, patting his lap.
I just cuddled up beside him and he shook his head before rubbing his hands vigorously up and down my arms a few minutes....and then the stinker just lifted me up and set me back down on his lap!   Then he wrapped me up in his arms and kissed my hair.
"How was your two days?"  I asked, rolling my eyes up towards him.
"Oh...busy.  I don't know how you took care of the girls for two weeks when I was gone!"
I chuckled.  "I managed.  Gave me something to do!"
"True," he said, giving me a grin. "Just try to not get yourself hurt again, alright?  I can't take it."
I laughed quietly.  "Oh, come on.  It was just, like, two days, and you came to see me one of them!"
"But still..." he trailed off and studied my face just long enough to make me feel slightly awkward, and then he drew me close for a kiss.  When he pulled away, I gave him a smile. 
"So I was thinking...and I'm not sure how I wanna put it...but I just - I..." I tried to say what I needed to say, but I couldn't spit it out. 
He studied my face for a few moments, whilst I gathered my thoughts, and when I started to open my mouth again, he shook his head.  
"Lemme guess.  You're feeling bad because of your cold-shoulder you gave me yesterday?"  I nodded, and he continued.  "Don't feel bad, sweetie.  I get that you were upset, and when you're upset, you say things you don't mean.  It's fine...no harm done." 
"I just...You didn't deserve one bit of it, and I can't believe that I treated you that way.  And for you to just take it in stride, not giving me a taste of my own medicine, not....not yelling, or storming off...an-and just being YOU...I just got really mad with myself, and I should have never treated you that way to begin with.  So I'm sorry.  Really sorry." I finally spit it out. 
He gave me an understanding smile and drew me a little closer.  I rested my head on his shoulder and sighed, satisfied to have gotten that off my chest.  "I haven't said this in a few days...I'm slipping!  Love you."
"Love you too, dear girl," he said, and a tingle went up my spine.
I lifted my head to look at him, and then I pulled him into a goodnight kiss.  When our lips reluctantly parted, he pushed the hair from my face and cupped my chin in his hands, giving me a gentle smile, which I returned.  And then I wondered what time it was.   
"You need to get to bed, hon."  I said, patting his leg.
He shrugged, and I scooted away to curl up on my side.  The cool air came right in on us, and a pretty decent breeze was coming through as of right now.
Before Flynn could even move, though,  I sat back up.  "Should we maybe get the kids?  I don't want them getting cold."
My hubby shrugged once more, and got a calculating expression on his face.  "It couldn't hurt to check up on them.  That breeze is a bit cool."
I nodded and turned to crawl out from under the bench.  I carefully crept over to the kids and checked to make sure they were all warm and cozy...and they were.  I paused to look at Hallie and Jase's peaceful expressions, and smiled to myself before I went back to bed.
Flynn was waiting for me, and I flopped down on my back.  "They're all comfy-cozy," I said with a grin.  He reached over and took my hand, giving it a kiss.
"You're sure you don't want me to get something for you to use as a blanket?"
"I am positive, hon."  I said.  "Actually, I could just wrap all this hair around myself."
He tried to suppress a full-blown laugh, which would have for sure woken up everyone.  Instead, a snort came out, and I started to giggle.  Clapping a hand over my mouth, I went silent and prayed that I hadn't woken anyone up.
Success!  I didn't hear anyone as much as twitch.
I let my breath out, not even realizing I'd been holding it, and smiled at Flynn.  He shook his head with a grin.
"You know, you can just curl up with me;  you don't have to wrap yourself up in your hair.  To me, that sounds like a trainwreck waiting to happen, especially with your track record the past month or so!" Flynn joked.
"Hey, now..." I reached over and punched  him on the arm playfully before I flopped over onto my side and took advantage of his offer.  He reached over, and I assumed he would put an arm around me like he normally does...but then he tickled me!  I jumped, squirming, and made a random grab for his hand to make him stop.  Finally, I got a hold of it and held it tightly, to keep him from pulling away.
"You're mean!"  I whispered jokingly, and he laughed through his nose before leaning over and kissing me on the cheek.
"Night, sweetie."
I rolled my eyes, but I told him good night as well.  I curled up in a ball, as was my norm, and he pulled me close.  I finally realized I still held his hand in a death grip, and I let go of it, squirmed around a bit to get comfortable, and then went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment