Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Month and...four week anniversary :D

Hey everyone! (: 
Today is our month and four-week anniversary :D  I cannot believe that on September 4th, we'll have been married for two months already!!  (:  I guess that time flies when you're having fun....and getting injured right and left, having crazy Barbies trying to take your children, and a host of other things.  Anyway. 

Thursday morning, I woke at eight, just as the open window was beginning to allow the humid-ness of the outside to leak indoors.   The cold streak from last week was long gone; quickly replaced by more summery weather.  
I glanced up at Flynn and saw he was already awake as well.  Laying on his back, he smiled over at me.  I returned it, and then rolled over to face him. 
"Morning, my beautiful lost princess."  he said, a grin teasing the corners of his mouth. 
He'd been calling me his 'lost princess' since we'd watched the movie.  I quite honestly hoped that this phase would end soon, because it sounded weird and I am definitely not princess-like..but I still got a laugh out of it. 
I rolled my eyes and propped myself up on one of my elbows to look at him.  He reached over and gently pushed the hair away from my face and tucked it behind my shoulders, and when his warm hand lingered on my cheek, I took a hold of it and held it there, grinning at him. 
Then, I put a hand on his chest and leaned over to give him a kiss.  When I pulled away, he gave me a surprised, yet pleased grin.  "Morning, hon," I added with a quiet laugh. 
My hubby put an arm around my shoulders and gave them a squeeze, so  I rested my head on his chest and enjoyed a few minutes of quietness.  He broke the silence first, though.
"So...I've got a few things planned for today," he told me. 
"Oh?"  I flopped over onto my back and turned to look at him. "And what's that?" 
"You'll see,"
I shook my head.  "You're impossible." 
"Impossible, yet you still love me."
"Oh, I dunno..." I teased, trailing off and tapping my lip with my finger as if I was actually considering otherwise.  He laughed through his nose, cupped my chin in his hand, and was just starting to give me a slow, tender kiss, when I heard a small cry. 
With slight reluctance, I pulled away from him and raised my eyebrows, waiting to see if Hallie would go back to sleep or if she was up for the morning.  And then a more demanding whimper came, so I turned and crawled out.  Flynn followed me and when I scooped Hallie up, I didn't realize he was right behind me.  I turned to walk back and forth, to calm Hallie, and bumped into him with a thump.
"Oops-sorry!"  I exclaimed quietly.  He pantomined falling backwards, and I laughed...loudly, by accident. 
That woke Rayne.  And Jase. 
My face grew hot with embarrassment, and I apologized.  "Sorry, guys!" 
Rayne chuckled and said it was fine, but Jase just gave me a dirty look and went back to bed. Alrighty then! 
"You guys can head on out to do something, if you've got plans.  I can watch the kiddos when they get up."  Rayne offered, taking Hallie from me. 
"How'd you know-"
"It's Thursday, dear," Rayne laughed.  "You two always do something on Thursday!" 
"I suppose so.  But-"
"We'll wait till-" Flynn started to overlap me.
"Go!"  Rayne exclaimed, giving us both gentle shoves towards the edge of the bookshelf. 
"The queen of the dresser has spoken."  Flynn joked, straight-faced, and then dodged her joking attempt to swat him.  "Better go before she beats us up." 
I laughed and gave him a playful punch on the shoulder, hopping down onto the bed. 
He followed me and we made our way to the trunk.  We jumped down onto the trunk, and then Flynn hopped to the floor from there, holding his hands up to me. 
"I can make the jump, Flynn," I told him. 
"Yeah, but I can catch you as well." 
I rolled my eyes, but I knew there was no budging him on said issue...so I jumped. 
He caught me, and whirled me around in a quick half-circle until he was facing the other way, and then he put me down, giving me that grin. 
I giggled and then turned away to start walking.  He followed along beside for a few minutes, and then he snagged my hand. 
I turned to face him.  "What?"
And then I heard the music come on.  I glanced up and saw he'd sneaked Tangled Fan's iPod out of the drawer without me noticing.  Either that or he'd done it before I'd woken up. 
I laughed.  "You..."
He gave me a wink, and I slung my arms around his neck comfortably.  He settled his hands around my waist and we slow-danced our way through Taylor Swift's "Enchanted".  Then, I heard her new song, "Red", come on...I love that song and can't help but start jammin' out when I hear it... :D 
I started doing some odd jig to accomodate the beat of the music.  Flynn let go of me, and I laughed, juking back and forth and bobbing my head to the music.  After watching my antics, Flynn finally caught my hands and we danced along together to the song.  After that song, the "I See the Light" song from "Tangled" came on.  And I must admit, after hearing it the other day, I LOVE it!  (:  Flynn drew me close again and I rested my head on his shoulder as we slowly stepped back and forth to the rhythm. 
"I love this song," I whispered. 
"Well, it is the song in the movie when we both basically admit our love for one another."
"Yeah, but we've already done that." 
"True." 
When the last notes of 'now that I see you' were fading, Flynn suddenly took my chin in his hand and brought my face up to look at him.  When I looked up at his face, I realized he was giving me the most loving, tender gaze.  I gave him a smile, and he leaned down to give me a passionate kiss.  My heart thundered.  When had my heart really thundered over him? It had been awhile, I think.  But maybe not.  Or maybe I was just getting so used to the feeling that I didn't even notice it anymore.  But anyway.  When he finally pulled away, the next song was just coming on. 
He stroked the pad of his thumb on my one cheek and he still held my chin in his hand.  I gave him another smile and reached up to give him a peck on the cheek.  My heart could seriously stop racing anytime now....I got a little embarrassed, wondering if he could even hear my heart pounding.  I glanced down and fumbled for something to say, but nothing came out, which embarrassed me even worse.  You'd think that after almost two months of being married to this guy, I wouldn't get embarrassed around him over much of anything...but obviously, I still do.  He finally let my chin go and I released a breath I didn't even realize I'd been holding. 
"What?"  he asked, peering down into my face with a mildly concerned expression. 
Geesh, had I been that obvious?  "Oh, nothing.  Just thinking, I suppose."  Thinking about how weird I was to still get embarrassed around him if he as much as gave me a kiss.  Which is a normal thing for husband and wife to do.  But no...I have to go be -
"About what?" 
Oh, crumbs. 
"Nothing..ah.., I um, just really appreciate that you still like to...to dance, and go for walks, and..stuff." 
He chuckled and gently loosened his arm that was around my waist.  After that, since the other song was half over, we just stopped it and quit dancing..since that had been the last song on the playlist. 
When we'd shut the iPod off, he turned towards me.  "So, what do you want to do now?"
I shrugged.  "Whatever you want to do, hon." 
With a sigh, Flynn slung his arm around my shoulders and gave me a squeeze.  "Love you," 
I decided to tease.  "Well, I pretty much figured that." 
"Oh, really now?"  He asked, turning away to set the iPod up off of the floor.  "Are you so sure of that?" 
My sarcastic streak came out a bit, jokingly.  "Well, we're kind of married, and-"
Next thing I know, he's grabbed me up and started tickling.  I shrieked with surprise and wrestled away from him, slipping under his arms and taking off running. 
I turned to run backwards as I saw what he was doing.  He was chasing after me, and I laughed at his goofy face. 
"Hey, watch-"
"Yeah, yeah...you'll tell me to watch out for something, but-"
THUD. 
Half of me rammed into one of Tangled Fan's bins.  With an 'oof', I stumbled sideways and fell down on my backside. 
Flynn came jogging the rest of the way over, and I couldn't tell if he was worried or if he was trying to keep from  laughing. 
"You alright?"  He asked, holding a hand out to me. 
I shoved the hair from my face.  "I'm fine." 
"See...and you thought I was trying to trick you."  he said, and I could see the grin creeping up on the corners of his lips. 
"Yup.  You're mainly why I have trust issues!"  I joked, taking his hand and standing up. 
"Oh, c'mon...I didn't do anything when I offered you my hand." 
"Oh, but I bet you were thinking of things to do."
"Well...I won't say I didn't think of something, but I had enough self-control not to do it," he gave me a funny, almost soulful expression, and I giggled. 
"It's good to know that you at least know what self-control is."  I gave him a push and he grinned. 
Coming back over, he gave me a playful shove right back, and even though I only stumbled a couple steps, I gasped.  "Hey!" 
He took my hand loosely in his and spun me around.  "Want to go sit up on the window?"
"Sure,"  I smiled at him and led the way. 

When we got up to the windowsill, though...it was sopping wet.  It was raining, and the window was open a bit. 
Just as we were descending back down, Tangled Fan came blasting through the room and slammed the window shut.  I don't think she even noticed us :D 
When she was gone, I looked at Flynn...and Flynn looked at me...and I laughed.  "Well, she was in a hurry about that!" 
"Guess so," Flynn chuckled. 
"Soo...what do we do now?" 
"I say we work on drafts for that month in review thing..for a little bit, anyway?" 
"That could work," I agreed. 


We worked on that for a good while, and when we got back to the dresser, Hallie was wailing like nobody's business. 
"She's been this way ALL day long."  Merida, looking pretty frazzled, told me as soon as we got up there. 
"Ohh my goodness, my poor girl!  What's the matter, sweetie?"  I asked Hallie, taking her from Merida.  Looking up at Merida, I added, "I'm so, so sorry you guys had to watch her today, if she was crying like this!" 
"It's fine.  I just don't get why she's been fussy.  She's like this if someone holds her, but if someone isn't holding her?  Uhhh...you don't want to know.  She hasn't taken any naps today, either, so that can't help matters.  Jase was a good girl, though...she tried to help out with her little sis."  Merida cast a glance towards Jase, who was crashed on the wicker chair, sleeping. 
"Ahh," I said over Hallie's crying.  I looked down at her and bounced her in my arms, but she still kept up her red-faced squalling. 
Flynn gently took her from my arms and asked Hallie what the matter was.  When she still didn't quiet down, he carefully tossed her in the air a couple inches, and then caught her; which usually gets a giggle out of her;  and then tried the 'airplane' method of distraction.  Nooope.  Definitely not.  She started screaming even louder. 
"Flynn, honey.  I don't think she likes any of that...at all...it's doing more bad than good right now."  I said, touching his arm and reaching to say it in his ear, since nobody could be heard over her. 
"What do you think caused her to be so fussy all of a sudden?  She's been sooo good lately." Flynn asked. 
"I have no clue.  She just started crying, and wouldn't quiet down.  Allie got all shaken up after awhile, too, and it was like Screaming War 1 up here - who could scream the loudest?  I think Hallie won - and then...just whew."
"Do you think if we take her for a walk it'll-"
"Blondie took her for a quick walk down on the bed, and it didn't help."  Rayne tossed in. 
"Oh boy."  I sighed.  "Hopefully, she'll calm down.  I bet she'll go to sleep soon and sleep hard tonight, though; if she hasn't slept at ALL today." 
Hah.  Famous last words. 

At ten, we went to bed.  Hallie was still whimpering at a pretty decent, loud rate.  I had tried to get her to sleep by walking back and forth...and back and forth...and back and forth...but she still wouldn't.  Finally, I just took her back to bed with me when Flynn went. 
"What should we do with Miss Cries-A-Lot, hon?'  I asked him, sitting down with Hallie in my arms. 
"I dunno..see if she'll sleep with us."  he told me, stroking the hair from my face.  I was quite sure my hair was disheveled, because I hadn't braided it this morning and hadn't brushed it since. 
"Okay, but I'll probably go out to sleep on the whicker chair with her, if she doesn't quiet down soon." 
"Why?"
"She'll keep you up," I explained. 
"Oh, good grief.  I can hear her just as well out there as I can in here, so you might as well be a little more comfortable, sweetie.  She'll go to sleep soon, I bet." 
I gave him a skeptical smile and yawned. 
"I'll take her for awhile if you want to grab a quick power nap."  he offered. 
"Nope..I can handle her," I said, bouncing her in my arms. 
"Sure?"
"Positive.  Thanks for the offer," I said. 
I went to crawl out from under the dresser, to resume my 'go to sleep, baby' pacing, but before I could leave, Flynn pulled me into a gentle kiss.  "You've come a long way, hon.  About two months ago, you had a nervous breakdown because they were crying." 
I grinned and started to lean over to kiss him back,  but then she gave an extra-loud squeal.  "Okay, okay, honey...I hear ya.  We've all been hearing ya for several hours, baby girl..."
I walked back and forth with her until I thought for sure my legs would fall off.  Her cries started to get a little quieter.....progress, right??  So I decided to fumble my way down to the bed.  Tangled Fan still hadn't come in to bed, so I could walk on it.
I wandered around on it and then sung quietly to her, trying to calm her down. 
I sang 'I See the Light', just because it seemed to be a good, quiet, slow song.  And I sung a couple rounds of 'Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star' as well. 
FINALLY, around midnight or one-ish, I headed back to the dresser.  Hallie was silent and sleeping soundly. 
I laid her down beside Allie and Jase, and prayed that she wouldn't wake up. 
Success!  She took a shuddery breath, but then she went right back to sleep. 
I backed away slowly, and then crept to bed, so as to not wake anyone.  If anyone had been ABLE to go to sleep. 

I quietly laid down on my side, facing Flynn, and assumed he was sleeping.  But he wasn't.
He propped himself up on his elbow and gave me a smile through the darkness.  "Did she finally go to sleep?"
"Yes...knock on wood."  I laughed through my nose when he tapped on the bench we were under.  "Annd here's to hoping she stays asleep!"  I added. 
"I heard you singing to her," he whispered, stroking my hair. 
"Was I that loud?  Sorry-"
"No, it's fine.  You weren't very loud at all.  I was actually going to compliment you on your singing."
"Oh, I'm not that good." 
"Yes, you are."  he said, pulling me close and kissing my forehead. 
I sighed, my eyelids drooping, and he rolled over onto his back, still keeping an arm round my shoulders; pulling me closer to him.  I set a hand on his chest and managed to keep my eyes open long enough to give him a smile, glad to have such a sweet hubby.  I allowed my eyes to go shut, as I mumbled a good-night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment