Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Month in review - wedding day & fostering part 1

Hey all!  So today we're going thru the post I made about our wedding day, which you can view HERE.  To spare you readers of some dry posts, we've decided not to post about the really non-interesting things, like the post about when we set a wedding date and when Flynn fell of of Maximus.  Flynn did NOT want to talk about when he fell off of Maximus.  :D
Anyway... to mix it up a bit for our extra-special-day post, my text will be in pink and Flynn's will be in  blue.  
So let's get started! (:

Fun fact:  I had decided Merida would be my maid of honor...the night before our wedding.  Last-notice?  Just a bit.  But she wasn't bothered by it.  The night before, we'd stayed up late chatting about last minute details, and then I could hardly fall asleep from excitement!!! (:

I would have liked to have seen what all it took to convince Merida to wear that PINK dress. 

A lot of "oh, come on.  You're the maid of honor and you have to dress up some" and "no, you are NOT taking your bow and arrow with you.  Who do you think you will need to shoot, anyhow?!" and other convincing, before we finally squeezed her into it.  She's a good friend.  

A good friend that was mad as a wet cat, I bet. 

I'm not going to comment on that one! :P  

I agree with Merida.  You ARE perfection!  
Wait.  Merida did YOUR hair??  By the looks of her own unkempt mess, I didn't think she could be that good at braiding or anything!  

Looks can be deceiving, obviously! 

Yes.  When I turned away, I was trying so hard not to laugh.  Big Rayne, big Merida...BLONDIE.  =D  
And whoa.  I didn't know you were so cold-feet about it at the last minute.  I had started to wonder if someone had doll-napped you or taken you hostage or something, because you stayed hidden for so long!  Now I know why.  And-

Oh my gosh, did I seriously forget to say about our vows??  Yes, I did - ugh!  After Merida gave me the engagement ribbon, Rayne led us through our vows and I do's and I will's and everything else.  Woops!  D:  

That's fine, though.   

I just got a little tingle up my spine seeing the picture of us 'tying the knot'...literally.  Best decision of my life?  You bet'cha.  

I LOVE going through these pictures and posts.  It brings back soo much emotion for me!  

But you're generally emotional to begin with!

No comment, Flynn.  No comment.  I'll get you back for that one - I'll find SOMETHING to scare you in the middle of the night!  

But then I wouldn't get my 8 hours of sleep.  

...No comment.  :P  Let's take a look at these photoshoot pics.  I still cannot believe I didn't get a pic of Rayne!  :(  And Merida can totally pull off the 'sassy' look.  I failed.  And Blondie looks like she's, like, my daughter or something!  Wow.  

You ARE both modeled after the same Disney character.  And yeah, you didn't pull off that look at all - but the picture was still great all the same!  Oh, and I do like the picture of you holding the ribbon.  You should put it on your next header.  

Awesome idea, hubby, awesome idea!!!!  

You're welcome, wife.  :D  And wow, you WERE miffed about Tangled Fan making us go pose for sketches...I thought you looked a bit ticked.  

Come to think of it, we never did get any sketches hung up - and now we don't even live on that shelf anymore! :(  I miss our shelf.  

Same here..oh well.  

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!  Priceless.  "Oh, Rapunzel, Rapunzel, what is wrong, my dearest?"  Good grief, the things you do to tease me.  I'd forgotten about that - the look on Tangled Fan's face was priceless too. Priceless, I tell ya!  :D

Wow  - that one photoshoot pic.  It DOES seriously look like you've tied me up in your hair.  That's great...THAT should have been our 'official' engagement picture, only with the bow tied around your hair or something, because you snagged my heart. 

And look who's getting mushy.  But yes, that would have been a great picture! :P

Oh...that was the same post as when you proposed the idea of starting a family.  I can't believe I was so unsure about Jase - she's so darling!  But I can remember that feeling I had.  I felt almost like the ground was falling out from under me, and I didn't know what to grab onto to keep from going under in my uncertainty!  

That's what you have me for, dearest.  

Yeah, but goodness, we'd only been married for a matter of hours!  I didn't really think about that.  And I didn't want to disappoint you or anything, and I didn't want to discuss it with you because I didn't really know what I wanted, myself!

You really are quite the uncertain doll.  

Don't I know it.  Oh my..."And an older child would be perfect to start parenthood off with - not a wee baby, although I wouldn't mind having one of those, either!"  Little did we know.  We'd end up with two older ones and two wee babies!  Yikes. 

We really did move too fast.  

But that's fine now - what's done is done and no harm done! (:

Several calamities later.  Or near-calamities.  And WOW, you sure typed a long explanation of your thoughts!  

They were pouring straight from my mind to my fingers to the computer screen.  I had a lot of different views on the matter.  

I still wish you would have been close enough to me to do a good heart-to-heart with me on the matter - it would have made me felt a little better about it myself!  

Sorry.  But I do give heart to hearts now!  Probably too many.  

Too many?  Never!  

Well, we'll leave it at that.  Next post coming when we have the time to get it up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment