Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

He is baaaackkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Sunday evening, we kind of all got bored sitting on the shelf.  Blondie was playing with Jase, and the babies were sleeping on the chair.
I spied Tangled Fan's cell phone on her bed, so I said, "Why don't we have our own photoshoot?  Of us just  being weird, instead of what Tangled Fan directs us to be like."
"I second it!" Merida jumped up.
Rayne laughed.  "You two can be weird.  I'll take the pictures."
I nodded and ran off for the bed.

When I got back, soon after I left, we got started.  Blondie didn't want to participate either, so she just continued her conversation with Jase.
We  fooled around more than striking good poses for pictures.
We did get this one in, though.  
And then we got the idea to take a picture of me pretending to shoot Merida's bow and arrow.  

THIS is the picture that came out of it.  It made me laugh.  Merida wasn't exactly supposed to do that - acting exasperated - but she did :P  
I was getting ready for another picture, which Rayne demanded, when I heard Jase say loudly, "Daddy!"  I thought she was just talking to Blondie about him, like she tended to do, so I didn't pay any attention to it.  Plus, I didn't see him from the corner of my eye.  I figured Rayne would yell at me if I made a photo blurry, so I didn't twitch.  
I heard Blondie begin to talk quietly to her again, so I figured it wasn't any big deal.  
I heard a low chuckle.  Flynn?  No.  Couldn't be.  I tried to refocus, assuming I was just thinking about him too much.  
"Should I leave again?  If you've got that bow and arrow out, I'm gonna leave, because you're just plain dangerous with that thing."  
It was Flynn.  It.  Was.  Flynn! I thought it was, anyway.  

The bow fell from my hands and I turned to give him a blank stare for a few moments.  My mouth dropped open, and he gave me that super awesomely cute grin.  ;)  
My heart thundered so hard I could practically feel it beating against my ribcage.  
I slowly took Merida's arm guard off of my arm and  bent to pick up  the bow, blinking.  I thought I was imagining it.  I honestly thought I was imagining it all.  
I stood up, handed Merida's equipment over to her, and looked back at where I thought I'd seen Flynn, hoping it wasn't me hallucinating or something.  He still stood there, and I grew wide-eyed.  A huge smile pulled at the corners of my lips.  Tears (Good ones, mind you! :P) pricked at my eyes.  
And then I threw myself at him from where I stood.  He stepped forward and caught me.  

He took me off my feet and swung me around in a quick circle, hugging me close and chuckling.  Tears were streaking down my cheeks.  I thrust myself towards him and gave him a kiss.  He went back a step and when I finally pulled away, he set me down on the shelf again. 
Merida, Blondie, and Rayne were all clapping.  
I glanced around, embarrassed for only a second.  I was too excited to not hug or kiss him!   

He bent and gave me a gentle kiss.  My heart thundered like nobody's business, and I finally succumbed to the feeling of excitement I'd been holding back. When he slowly parted his lips from mine, I sniffled and looked up at him with a smile, gazing at him, mesmerized.  
He grinned and wiped my cheeks, brushed the hair from my face, and then let his hand linger on my cheek.  A weird tingle went up my spine and I tightened my hug on him.  

I pressed my head against his shoulder and he stroked my hair a few seconds before he held me tight, and pressed his head against the top of mine.  

I finally managed to calm my heart.  I pulled away from him and he took my hands, stepping away a few steps to hold me at arm's length.  
"Still stunning as always!"  he winked at me, and I giggled, feeling quite giddy.  
"You're handsome as always, too, good sir!" I returned his wink and then he pulled me close again.  
Even though I could have stayed like that forever, I said, "Why don't you tell us all  your big story?  I'm sure you have one."  
He pulled away from my hug and swooped down to give me a quick peck on the nose before taking one of my hands.  
He pulled me over to the chair - when had the babies awakened?  I looked around to see Merida sitting with Allie, and Hallie was with Blondie.  
He sat down and patted his lap with THAT grin on his face. For once, I didn't refuse his silent offer.  
He slung an arm loosely around me and realized we were ALL watching him.  
With a chuckle, he began his story.  "Well, first off:  I am supposedly cured of migraines.  I can't really understand why, but that's what Tangled Fan said.  As long as I get around 7 or 8 hours of sleep, I'm good.  If I get any less than that, for a period of more than two or three nights in a row, I will get a migraine eventually.  Every time, guaranteed.  Tangled Fan told me she would bring back a small jar of that paste stuff for you, Rapunzel, so that if I ever do get migraines again, you can just plaster some on my face. 
"It was so boring down there.  She put me in what she called the 'craft room'. No kidding there wasn't any coming and going, except for Tangled Fan, so she could record stuff.  Once I did try to escape, but she caught me trying to climb and get the doorknob, and asked me what I preferred - getting better, possibly, or seeing Rapunzel and the kids until she caught me.  I don't see what a few minutes' visit would've done to the 'stress free sleep study', but whatever.  
The important part is that I'm back now!"
During this whole monologue, I couldn't stop smiling, and he kept tossing loving glances my way.  
The whole group of us chatted amongst one another for awhile.  Blondie handed both of the girls over to us and we held them and talked quietly with one another about the girls.  
After awhile, I happened to glance at the alarm clock across the room and noticed it was 8 PM.  Everyone looked tired - we'd gotten up impossibly early this morning, after all.  And Flynn needed to rest up.  
"Well...I guess we ought to go to bed."  I sighed and glanced at Flynn again.  
"True, my friend...quite true."  Merida said, stifling a yawn.  
We got to work putting the babies to sleep, and when they were out, we set them down on the chair.  Jase was soooo sleepy, I don't think her eyes would stay open.  She muttered a good night to us, and then Flynn gently laid her down beside the babies.  
Blondie, Merida, and Rayne all went to their normal sleep spots, and Flynn and I retreated to behind the chair.  I could hear Merida snoring within minutes.  Quite loudly, I might add! :P  
When we got back behind the chair, Flynn sat instead of laying down. 
"Why such an early bedtime?" he asked quietly.  
I slid down by him.  "We were up at 4 with the babies, and up through the night with them, too.  It was too hot for anyone to sleep last night, anyway."  
"Ahh," he said.  I nodded, and he slung his arm out and silently offered me a spot beside him, which I quickly accepted, of course :D  I curled up beside him, putting my head on his chest and resting my hand on his chest.  Sighing reluctantly, I looked up at him.  
"You should get to bed, too."  
"I only need seven or eight hours of sleep.  I could go to bed at midnight and be back up at seven and not risk a migraine!"  he protested quietly.  
"But..." I trailed off.  
"Why don't you tell me how everything went while I was gone?"  
I shook my head.  "Go to sleep."  
He shook his head, and I caught an impish look in his eye.  "I could tickle it out of you..." when I started to jump up to get away, he tightened his arm around me.  "Or get you up at...let's see...four in the morning?  That would be roughly seven to eight hours of sleep." 
"You..." I trailed off, shaking my head.  "Fine."  
He loosened his grip until his arm was gently around me.  "So...?"
"Everything went okay, I guess.  Nothing really major.  I did try to follow Tangled Fan once, to see if I could find you, but she caught me and took me right back to the shelf.  Jase was exceptionally good...I was expecting her to be really upset, but she was pretty okay.  The babies were restless sometimes.  Merida's leg hurt only once.  Annd...I guess that was basically it.  Boring, in other words!"  I joked quietly. 
He smiled and rested his cheek on top of my head, giving my shoulders a squeeze.  "I'm planning on a full day tomorrow."  
"Oh?" I asked, kind of confused.   
"Today was our one-month anniversary, and since we didn't get to celebrate, we'll do everything tomorrow."  
"I can hardly wait," I smiled at him. 
He pulled my chin up to give me a wonderfully tender kiss.  When he pulled away, he winked at me. "Guess what?"
"What?"  I knew, but I played along.  
"Love you - I love you big, flowery bunches."  
I giggled quietly and shook my head.  "We're both hopeless, you know that?  And I love you too.  Big flowery bunches."  
After awhile, he finally laid down, and I did, too.  I reached over to give him one last kiss goodnight, and then he found my hand and held it loosely.  And we were both asleep within minutes.  





No comments:

Post a Comment