Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Odd Buzzy Thing...

The morning after our spat - which I guess was pretty small-scale, compared to some stuff I've seen online! - anyway, I woke up pretty early.  Flynn was already up, and I rolled over onto my stomach and stretched before I propped myself up on my elbows and smiled at him.
He gave me that grin of his and asked me how I felt...which had become pretty routine this past week!
So I decided to joke around and act like he does.  I reached over and grabbed his hand, rolling onto my side to face him.  "I'm feeling pretty great, right now!"
Thankfully, he got the joke and chuckled.  "Same here,"
I rolled my eyes and gave him another smile. He studied my face for just long enough to make me feel awkward, so I reached over and kissed him. As he put an arm loosely across my waist, beginning to kiss me back, this weird, buzzing sensation hit me. 
I jumped all over, jerking away from him.  I started to stand up...but the stupid bench we sleep underneath is low, and I whacked my head off of it with a sound THUD.
 The buzzing continued as I dropped to my hands and knees and crawled out.  Merida was up as well, and she was stomping on Tangled Fan's cell phone.
"What on EARTH is that??!" I yelped, hurrying over to her.
"Tangled Fan's...STUPID....cell phone!  She uses it for her alarm clock, and it vibrates!"  She exclaimed, scrambling up on it to jump up and down on it.
I chuckled to myself, but only for a moment.  Tangled Fan suddenly sat up, groggily reaching for her phone.
I jerked Merida off of the phone by her arm, and Tangled Fan turned the alarm off and set it back on the dresser, looking at us.
"Didn't I warn you that my phone does that every morning?"  she asked us.
"No..." I said, glancing at Merida.
"I knew, but I didn't think ye put it there!"  Merida exclaimed.
"Yeah...sorry, guys!" she exclaimed.
I nodded and turned around to go back to Flynn.
But Flynn had come to me.  I bumped into his chest, and I looked up quickly.  "Sorry!"  I exclaimed.
He put an arm around me and pulled me to his side, kissing my hair with a chuckle.  "So how bad did you crack your head off of that bench?"
I giggled. "Well, I didn't knock myself out-"
"So THAT'S the thud I heard a few minutes ago!"  Merida looked at me and laughed.  "Wow."
"Yeah...that hurt!  For us having soft plastic heads that'll squoosh, that hurt!"  I laughed.
"Well...I'm going back to sleep, like the rest of 'em are doin'.  I can't believe everyone slept through that, especially the babies."  She glanced down at Allie, who was sleeping soundly nearby.  She reached over and stroked her baby's arm lovingly.  I smiled.
"We were already up, so-"
"We'll finish up what we'd started doing before that stupid phone went off."
Merida gave us calculating looks and finally said, "I don't want to know."
"We were just talking!  He has a way of saying things and having them not come out right-"
"Yeah, yeah."  Merida laughed.  "I said I didn't want to know!"
I elbowed Flynn and giggled when he tickled me, before he led me back under the bench.
"Duck this time," he joked as I bent to go in after he did.
"Yeah, yeah," I laughed, sitting down beside him and stretching my legs straight out and crossing them at the ankles.  He continued staring at me with a grin on his face.  "What?  You're creeping me-"
He broke me off with a kiss.  When he pulled away, I bumped my forehead up against his and reached for his hand.
My hubby sat back and said quietly, "So...what are your big plans for today?"
I shrugged.  "I didn't really get to think about that much."
"How about we go for the day and just hang out?  And if Tangled Fan's iPod is charged, we could always find a few episodes of that Duck Dynasty online to watch," he suggested.
"You mean you'll allow me to walk that much?"  I half-joked, wide-eyed.
He chuckled.  "If you feel up to it. I'll try to not be so overprotective."
I reached over to hug him excitedly, rubbing his back with my hand.  Finally, he was going to be less obsessive about my safety!  When I pulled away, he gave me that goofy grin.  "Sound like a plan?"
"Sounds like an excellent plan, hon," my heart surged and I smiled at him.
"Morning, Momma!  Morning, Daddy!"  Jase suddenly came barreling in and worming herself between us - halfway on my lap and halfway on his.
I laughed through my nose at her and gave her a hug.
"Daddy, are you and Momma still mad at each other?"  she turned to look at him.
Uh oh.
I'd really hoped that she hadn't heard us or paid attention to us.  But apparently, she had.
"No, honey, we're not.  We just had a small disagreement, is all."
"Good." She reached over to her daddy and snuggled up against his side with a cute little sigh.
Flynn met my eyes, and I saw the enamored smile he had on his face...which made me smile as well.  She eventually pulled away from him and reached up towards his face.  He bent, asking her 'what'.  She took his face in her hands and gave him a small, precise peck on the cheek, giggling.
I chuckled at her silliness and then I heard Hallie start to cry.
"It seems like the children think we should get up early!"  I joked, crawling out to get Hallie.  And yes, I ducked this time!

A few hours later, we left the dresser; the girls in the care of Merida.  We went across Tangled Fan's bed, to the trunk.
"Stay here, and I'll get the iPod.  It's just riiiiight over there," Flynn said, pointing.
"I'll go with you," I said.
"No...you don't-" he broke off and glanced at me sheepishly.  "Okay, fine."
I laughed and leaned my head on his shoulder for a second, until I took him by the hand.  "Thank you."
"Anything for my girl," he joked, and then we went to get the iPod.



Within minutes, we were back on the bed.  I flopped down on my belly and leaned up on my elbows, and Flynn sat beside me and set the iPod on his lap.  After a few minutes of searching the internet, we found A&E's website and then found some Duck Dynasty episodes.
Flynn and I decided to watch two episodes.  Before we were halfway through the first episode, though, we were both laughing our heads off.  Yep, Jase (our daughter) was definitely nicknamed after a 'good human'...and a funny one at that!  The whole episode was filled with hilarious sayings and just tons of funny stuff.  I don't think I've ever laughed so much!  At one point, tears were streaming down my cheeks from laughing so hard.

An hour later, when we were done with the two episodes, I wondered if my stomach would ever stop hurting, I'd laughed so much!
I rolled over onto my back, still giggling as I thought about the two episodes we'd watched.  Flynn was still messing around on the iPod, though.
When he had done whatever he'd wanted to do, he looked at me and grinned.  "Hey, silly -  listen to this song I found the other day online."
"Okay," I said, grinning and rolling back onto my stomach to watch the screen.
Turns out, the song was "If I Didn't Have You" by Thompson Square.  I looked up at Flynn halfway through the song and smiled.  "I think I love this song...it's beautiful!"  He met my eyes and butterflies started up in my stomach.  I impulsively sat up and kissed him.  I think it surprised him, because when I pulled away, he gave me a wide-eyed, red-faced stare.  I laughed and he shook his head at me.
"Don't surprise me like that," he said with a laugh, finally finding words to accompany his expression.
I laughed harder.  "But you do that to me all the time..."
He chuckled.  "I suppose you have a point."  His eyes held mine in a tender gaze for a moment, and then I looked down into my lap awkwardly.
"So, um...what do you want to do now?  I really hope we can watch Duck Dynasty some more, someday, and we'll have to let Jase watch it, too.  And Merida  would get a kick out of it, for sure."
He shrugged, turning off the iPod.  "Whatever you want to do."
"I dunno what I want to do!"  I exclaimed, chuckling. I laced my fingers together and studied them.  Flynn put a huge and gentle hand on top of mine, and then suggested going over to look out the window.  We hadn't done that in a good while; since we haven't been right beside it!  From our new display, though, we can see across the room to it.
I nodded.  "Sounds great to me!"
He stood and offered a hand to me.  I gladly accepted it, and we made our way over to the window, which was open.
A cool, almost chilly, breeze was coming through the window.  Flynn and I sat down, and we just sat in comfortable silence, watching the outdoors.
However, after about two  hours of that, my leg was starting to feel really bad, after being exposed to the chilly breeze.
"I think we should head back, much as I hate to say it."
Flynn stood.  "Are you feeling alright?"
"Yeah..." I didn't meet his eyes.
"It's your leg, isn't it?"
I silently and reluctantly nodded.
He sighed and shook his head.  "I should've known that-"
"No!  It was fine.  I didn't think that the cool breeze would affect it."  I said.
He gave me a calculating look, and then we started making our way back to the dresser.
By the time we were back, I'd developed a slight limp...again.  I sat down promptly and kneaded my leg.
Flynn silently disappeared, and I wondered where he'd gone.
Until he came back with Tangled Fan.
I gave him a glare.  "Why did you-"
"I don't want your leg getting worse. I'm sorry."  He gave me a pained look.
I huffed and looked away, angry at him.  Couldn't he just stop being obsessively protective?!  
"So, I hear your leg's worse?"  Tangled Fan asked, picking me up.
"I'm fine.  It was fine, too!  I just..that cool breeze..we were over at the window for awhile and it seized up.  I'll be fine."
"Just to be sure, I'd prefer to keep you somewhere else, wrapped up nice and warm, to make sure you get the rest you need, before this leg problem gets worse."
"No.  No way.  If I didn't go when I was knocked out, like you'd said-"
"Rapunzel, it couldn't hurt."
I flashed him a glare.  "You just can't trust me, can you?  I told you I'd be fine and I'd make sure to take care of myself!  And you said you'd try to stop being so overprotective!  Why did you go back on your word?"
"Because I-" he broke off.  "I just don't want you getting hurt any worse."  He gave me a pensive stare.
I looked away from him and down at my lap.
"I just want to do this because it's going to be chilly this week, especially at night."
"It's the middle of August!"  I protested.
"But the weatherman's predicting a cool streak this week.  It'll only be for a day or two; you'll be back home in no time if you behave yourself." she said.
I sighed in defeat, on the verge of tears.  I couldn't believe Flynn had done this.  I would be fine in a few hours, if I just rested!  I...

Tangled Fan whisked me off before I could even tell Jase good bye or Hallie or anything.
She took me and set me somewhere else in the house, and then wrapped me up in a small, warm blanket.  I must admit that, despite my anger, it felt pretty good.
I curled up on my side and stewed over the fact that he'd done this.  I mean, I know it was for my own good and just for a couple of days, but really?!  I tried to stay mad, because I knew once the anger drained away, tears would quickly ensue...



No comments:

Post a Comment