Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Flynn here...Enter Lacey and Rose

Hey everyone..so wow, it's been almost 2 weeks since I posted anything on here.  Twelve days, to be exact.  Safe to say, things are going better than the LAST time I posted...  Hallie's back to her sweet little self, and all of our raw nerves are restored.  For now.  :D 
Anyway...So Friday, we took the girl's for a day out...I'll include some pics from it, since Rapunzel forgot to in her post about it. 









 
 
 
So yeah..it was really fun, but we were all exhausted when we got back home! 
The next morning, I slept in until around 9:50AM  or so.  Rapunzel was still asleep, and from what I could hear, (or, rather, from what I COULDN'T hear), everyone else was still asleep as well. 
I watched Rapunzel sleep, and I was just thinking about how sweet she looked...when she woke up.  She peeked up over her elbow to look at me, and I saw a string of drool on her chin.  Legit, true story, I kid you not. 
Trying to keep from laughing - which was very hard - I told her good morning and asked if she slept hard, hinting at her to wipe her chin. 
"Uh...yeah?  Why, did you?"  She asked me, quirking a brow and giving me a confused look. 
"I slept well, thank you.  But I think you slept really, REALLY well," I said. 
She gave me a 'what on earth are you talking about?' look, and I chuckled. 
"Your chin.  Wipe it, please." 
She reached to do so, and her expression went from confused to horrified when she looked at her hand. 
"Oh my gosh!  Was I seriously drooling?  Oh, gosh...I - ew.  Wow, um..sorry!" she glanced around before she frantically yanked the hem of her skirt up and wiped her other hand on it.  I tried not to burst out laughing at her flustered-ness, and her lack of knowledge of just how much skirt she'd pulled up.
FINALLY, I laughed.  "No harm done to me." 
"Yeah, well, that's really attractive."  She grumbled, and I'm sure she didn't mean for me to hear her talking about herself in that manner. 
Her face went red, and she began to sit up.  I snagged her arm, pulling her towards me. 
"Oh, c'mon.  Everyone drools once in awhile."  I added that she had looked cute regardless, and she gave me her classic eye-roll. 
"You're just disgusting."  she sat up, and I grinned to myself at her adorably flustered expression. 
I gave her a wink and then couldn't hold it back anymore, so I sat up and put my hands on her shoulders, grabbing her and pulling her towards me for a kiss. 
She was stiff as a board at first, but she finally relaxed into it.  When I pulled away, she stared at me, her eyes huge with surprise. 
"After seeing someone drooling, I don't think my first reaction would be to kiss them, but that's just me." 
I chuckled and reached to give her a quick hug. 
And then Hallie started to cry. 
I let go of her, and she said, "Uh oh...duty calls!"  With a grin, she crawled out from under the bench, and I followed her. 
 
Everyone else was quiet, until Tangled Fan burst through the door, tossed a box onto her bed, and slammed the door shut on her way out. 
Merida fairly yowled as she jumped up and looked around. 
Blondie jumped up quickly, and I glanced over to see she was tangled up in her hair.  She didn't notice, and tried to take a step.  She stumbled towards the edge of the dresser, and so I took a big step over and grabbed her arm, quickly working to unravel the hair from around her. 
"Thanks," she said, red-faced. 
I nodded, and then I glanced back over to my wife. 
She was right behind Merida, and Merida was peering over the edge of the dresser to see the box. 
Rapunzel grabbed her arm and then the box jostled, a few muffled thumps coming from it. 
"What IS that?!"  My wife gasped, backpedaling and dragging Merida backwards with her.  Alexis and Jase made themselves scarce. 
Merida yanked her arm away from Rapunzel's death-grip, and she tripped over her own hair, falling into my chest. 
I grunted, but I still kept my eyes locked on the box.   
She said something, but I didn't hear her, and I only glanced down at her for a second. 
 Merida came over to her, and started talking, but I didn't pay attention. 
Next thing I knew, Merida was dragging Rapunzel towards the edge of the dresser, and since Rapunzel was clutching desperately at my hand, I was being dragged behind her as well. 
Finally, after I had pushed past Rapunzel and jumped down, tumbling through the pillows, I looked up to see my wife's pale, terrified face. 
I can't say I was feeling very brave, either. 
 But I held my hands out to her.  "Jump - I'll catch you.  Then you won't have to crawl through the pillows." 
"N-n-n-no, that's fine."  She stuttered, her eyes flicking between me and the box. 
"Come on...jump!  I'm nervous, too, if that helps any." 
Nervous?  Hah.  More like terrified. But I gave her what I hoped was a convincing grin.  
Rapunzel grumbled something inaudible before she finally jumped. 
When we FINALLY got the box open, we found two more Rapunzel dolls. 
One was named Rose, and another was named Lacey.
Lacey was quiet and shy, and even slightly snooty. 
Rose was outgoing, talkative, and friendly.  Oh, and talkative.  And did I mention she likes to talk?  A LOT?! 
 
Rose clung to my wife's side all day long, talking about this and that and-ooh this is neat and who are they and what are those and what's it like being married and...okay, you get the message. Right?
I was hardly able to go anywhere near my wife to even get a word in edgewise. 
Finally, as I was walking past one time, I overheard Rose talking to Rapunzel. 
"Aw...cool!  He's lucky to have you.  You're so sweet, and pretty!" 
"Oh...I dunno..." my wife said, and I noticed her ears going red. 
I strode back over and wrapped my arms around her from behind.  "I know!"  I said. 
She laughed, pulling away from me and shooting me a slightly apologetic glance. 
I left to go pick Jase up as I'd intended originally, and Rose resumed her gleeful chattering. 
"She talks a lot."  Jase told me as soon as  I'd picked her up.
I chuckled at her bluntness.  "Yes, hon...she does."
"Why?" 
Why did she?  I had no clue.  "I dunno...you'd have to ask her that." 
"Okay," she nodded.  "I wonder if she'll quiet down enough to go to sleep tonight?" 
I tried to conceal a laugh as I took in her apparent concern.  "I suppose she will.  I sure hope so, anyway!" 
We talked for a few minutes, and then she left to go play with Alexis. 

Throughout the day, I held Hallie, talked with Jase, played with her and Alexis, and tried to block out Rose's incessant chatter.  I didn't know how my wife could handle it!  She's definitely more patient than I am...! 

Finally, that evening, Rapunzel got away from Rose and leaned over the wicker chair, which I was sitting in. 
"Hey...you wanna go for a little walk?"  She asked, whispering in my ear. 
Oh, dear goodness.  Please.  PLEASE, let's go before she starts talking again!  I know, it was mean to think that, but that's what I thought.  "Sure, baby," I said, giving her a relieved smile.
Rapunzel left to ask Merida to watch the girls, and then she came back over for me.  We hurried off of the dresser, and onto the floor. 
Thank goodness we'd gotten away from Rose before she'd started up again! 
"I thought you would never ask..."  I told her, taking her hands into mine. 
She laughed, and then I put my hands on her cheeks and pulled her to me, kissing her fervently as I let go of all I'd held in alllllll day long. 
When I pulled away, she took in a deep breath, as if to say something, but nothing came out. 
"I've been holding that in all day," I half-joked, giving her a wink.  She rolled her eyes, but she slung her arms around my neck.  I pulled her close, and asked how she was holding up. 
"Yeah, she's very, ah...talkative."  she muttered, her face pressed up against my shoulder. 
"That she is....that she is.  And Lacey's so shy." 
"Yeah...Alexis is really shy about it, too.  We'll have to make sure to give her plenty of one on one time, so she doesn't feel left out or anything.  We've come so far already, we can't let her go now." 
I kissed her hair and then cupped her face in my hands.  "Yup.  We'll make sure to," I said with a grin.  "I love you." 
"Love you, too."  she said.  Funny how that could make my stomach feel funny.  I pulled her close, and we just stayed there. 
And enjoyed the quiet. 
Ahh...quiet.  I like quiet. 
But eventually, Rapunzel sighed.  "I suppose we need to head back up..."
"Yeah, I suppose so," I said.  I started to let go of her, but she gave me one last squeeze, so I returned it before taking her hand and leading her back up to the dresser. 
When we got up there, Rose promptly hurried over to Rapunzel.  I left go of her hand, and she shot me an 'oh, not again' glance before turning towards Rose.
"Where'd you guys go?" 
"Um...just for an...outing...we do that a lot," I heard her say. 
"Oh, cool!"  Rose exclaimed.  "Hey, so-"
"We probably should all get to bed, Rose.  You've got to be tired, and I know I am!" 
"Well, yeah...I am tired.  Where do I sleep?" 
I didn't stick around to eavesdrop..Instead, I scooped up Jase in one arm and Alexis in the other. 
"You girls are looking pretty tired, there," I chuckled at their sleepy expressions.  "Good night, sleep tight, love you both bunches!" 
They repeated that, and then I gave them each a hug before tucking them into bed.  Rapunzel got Hallie in bed, and told the girls good night. 
 
By then, everyone was in their chosen sleeping spots.  Rapunzel and I crawled under the bench, and she sighed. 
"Oh my goodness...peace and quiet!"  She stretched, yawning, and I chuckled to myself.
"Quiet sounds pretty good, doesn't it?"  I asked quietly. 
"Yes...DEFINITELY!"  My wife moaned, and I grinned. 
"C'mere, and enjoy the quiet while you can," I joked, and she curled up beside me, allowing me to wrap my arm around her. 
"Night," she said. 
"Night, dear girl.  Love you,"  I told her, but by the time I had gotten to 'you', she was snoring. 
I kid you not. 
:P  So here's to hoping Rose is less talkative tomorrow!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment