Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

Day Out With the Girls! (:

This morning, I woke up curled on my side.  My hair was EVERYWHERE.  I'd dreamed really weird last night, so I'd probably tossed and turned plenty.  I sat up, glanced down, and saw that some of my hair was twisted around me as well.  Oh boy.  I started to unwrap myself from my hair, and by the time I was done with that, Flynn was up.  I flopped onto my belly and told him good morning. 
He smiled, turning onto his back.  "Morning, gorgeous." 
"Oh, hush it.  My hair was a lot -" before I could finish my protest, he had pulled me into a gentle kiss. 
When he pulled away, he gazed at me and pushed the hair away from my face.  "I meant it, dear girl." 
I gave him a grin, and he gave me a peck on the forehead before I eventually put my head on his chest and cuddled close for a few minutes.  He held me in his arms, and I let my eyes go shut again, until an idea suddenly popped into my mind. 
I sat up, and he made some noise I suppose was meant to display disappointment. 
"Did you have any plans for today?"  I asked. 
"Uh..no," he quirked a brow and stared at me. 
"Why don't we take the girls for a day out today?  Let them play and get good and tuckered out," I explained. 
He nodded.  "That would be good.  We'll leave when they're up?" 
"Okay," I grinned and leaned down to give him a quick little kiss.  He pulled me close again and basically, we just waited for the kiddos to get up. 

Once the kiddos were all up, we headed out.
I carried Hallie and helped Alexis down to the floor, while Flynn carried Jase on his shoulders. 
When we were on the floor, we set Jase and Alexis down to go play.  Flynn took Hallie from me, and we followed the girls as they ran...and ran...and ran, until they were all out of breath and red-cheeked. 
They stopped long enough to catch their breath and convince us into a game of duck-duck-goose. 
When Hallie was asleep, we laid her down nearby and then the game was commenced. 
There's something just so funny about watching Flynn play with the two of those girls.  When one of the girls would choose him as 'goose', he would pretend to run really fast, but of course, he wasn't. 
One particular time when he was left without a seat, he chose me as 'goose'. 
"You're awful," I grumbled, laughing.  I ran, but being behind me, he grabbed me around the waist and gave me a  tickle before letting me go again.  I was giggling so hard that I had to stop, and he recklessly slid to a stop, nearly falling down, before he plopped down in my place in our little circle.
I was laughing so hard I could barely breathe, and the girls were just shrieking with laughter. 
I chose Jase as 'goose', and she took off running as fast as those tiny legs could run.  I let her win, and then chose Alexis.  When she ran WAY faster than Jase, she won as well.  So then I chose Flynn. 
He laughed and scrambled to get up and ran....I beat him.  :D 

We played with the girls, gave them rides on Maximus, and let them run wild all day long. 
Alexis was terrified of Max, but after plenty of Jase's convincing, she reluctantly allowed Flynn to toss her up into the saddle.  I led him forward as Flynn walked beside, just as he had done with Jase, and I carried Hallie in my other arm. 
After a couple seconds, I glanced back at  Alexis's face.  She had the biggest grin on her face. 
I smiled, and asked her how she was liking it. 
"It's awesome!  You're an awesome horse, Maximus!"  Alexis exclaimed, leaning forward to hug Maximus. 
And didn't that horse arch his neck and get the most pleased look on his face. 
We led her around for a few minutes, listening to her unusual babbling of how awesome Maximus was, and when Flynn scooped her out of the saddle, she reluctantly left his back.  She put her arms around Flynn's neck and gave him a bigggg hug, though, and he got a huge smile across his face. 
And then she came over and hugged my legs.  I laughed, leaning down to scoop her up so I could carry her in my other arm.  We went back to Jase and let Maximus go do his own thing. 
"Momma...can we watch Duck Dynasty?"  she asked as soon as we got back to her. 
I glanced up at Flynn, and he shrugged.  "I'll go see if the iPod is charged - I'll be back in a few."
"Thanks, Daddy!" she exclaimed.  "Can I come with you?" 
"Alright, I suppose you can," he chuckled when she jumped up and held her arms out to him.  "We'll be right back." 
"Okay," I said, and once they had left, I turned to Alexis. 
"How're you enjoying today?" I asked her, giving her a cuddle. 
"I'm really enjoying myself...it's been really fun!  Maximus is such  a good horse."  She gave me a grin. 
I returned her grin, and we sat down to wait. 
Flynn and Jase came back within twenty minutes....and then the laughing commenced.  =D

We went through an hour's worth of Duck Dynasty, and by then, it was dark and the girls were all getting a little cranky because they were all tired.  Soo we headed back, after Flynn put the iPod away. 

By the time we got back, I was about ready to fall over, I was so tired.  Everyone else was asleep, so we quietly crept around, putting the two older girls to bed.  I sat down with Hallie and tried to get her to go to sleep, while Flynn tucked a handkerchief around the girls - it was sort of chilly tonight. 
The next thing I remember, I was being laid on my back. 
I peeled my eyes open and took in a deep breath, looking up.  Flynn was hovering over me, and when he saw I was awake again, he brushed the hair from my face and smiled.  "Go back to sleep, hon." 
I made a noncommital noise, and sat to watch him when he left my side. 
He was bent over, retrieving the handkerchief from the one corner underneath the bench, and then he turned towards me, spreading it out. 
I had a hard time keeping my eyes open, but I still watched him.  I don't know why, though.  I just watched him.  xD  He gave me that grin as he spread the handkerchief over my legs.
"Lay down so I can-" he started to tell me, but I grabbed his shirt collar and pulled him into a goodnight kiss and broke him off. 
He returned it with a tender kiss of his own, putting a hand on the back of my head and the other arm around my back, lowering me down onto my back as he kissed me.  When he withdrew his lips from mine, as well as his arms, he stroked my hair and stared down at my face for a few moments, the most adorable smile on his face. 
"Now...shut those gorgeous, sleepy eyes of yours and go to sleep, honey.  I love you," he added with a wink that made my heart squeeze. 
I tried to mumble out a good night and an I love you in return, as I rolled onto my belly, but I'm not sure it came out as such; and I was out before I could even hear him ask what I'd just muttered.  :D

Today was so awesome..I'm really hoping that we make a habit of taking the girls out for play days...I think they liked it quite a bit as well!  (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment