Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Welcome Post - Flynn and I are finally home!!

Darkness was everywhere.  I could hardly breathe, except for the fact that my box was open and there were small parts of the shipping box I was in that had holes in it, so I was able to get a little air.  I wondered how Flynn was handling it.  We had tried talking, but through the plastic, and all the plastic air bags surrounding us, we could barely hear each other.  Suddenly, some muffled sounds of a horn blowing and humans talking came through, even through all the packaging.  Our box  was quite rudely rolled around and then, suddenly, there was light!  I let a small squeal of pleasure out, but I still wasn't able to move because of all the plastic ties and threads holding me down in my box - there were even really uncomfortable pieces of plastic encasing my hands!  I just laid in my box and waited, knowing Flynn was doing the same.  I guess that eventually, I went to sleep; but I was startled by some loud commotion.  
"I have him out!  I guess...the name on his box says Flynn Rider?" A young voice asked. 
I could feel that my plastic prison was slowly being ripped apart, so I stayed stock-still; however, I opened my eyes.  There was a blond doll that looked similar to me, a brunette who appeared to even have a wedding dress on; a wild-looking redhead, who were all huddled around my box, muttering and yanking on me and my box.  I rolled my eyes towards Flynn, who was next to me.  Two dolls who appeared to only be around 3 or 4 years old, but were HUGE in comparison to the others and I, were sitting by Flynn and his box.  They were working on pulling the tape the rest of the way off his box, to get his opened.  There was a redhead that looked similar to the smaller redhead that was with me, and a blond that looked similar to me - she seemed painfully shy, as she was hiding behind the redhead.  Once Flynn was out, he immediately went to me and began helping to pull me out.
Once I was out, they all backed off.  The toddler-looking dolls called themselves Rapunzel (blond) and Merida (redhead).  Feeling super awkward, I stood behind Flynn and propped my chin on his shoulder.  
"Hello.  I'm the wedding Rapunzel," the brunette said; "but everyone calls me Rayne." 
"Hi!  I'm a Mattel Rapunzel.  But everyone calls me Blondie!"  The smaller, blond doll exclaimed.  She seemed really excited.  
"And I'm Merida.  Firstborn of the Dunbroch clan.  But ye don't care 'bout that, I s'pose."  The redhead said, hands on hips.  She had a grin on her face, but seemed a little put off about the whole situation.  She seemed to have an accent, and I'm guessing she was the Scottish girl from the movie Brave.  "So what're yer names?"
"I-I'm Rapunzel, and-"
"Flynn Rider.  Super good looking AND a reformed thief!"  Flynn said.  He was quite cocky, but I liked him.  
"Good afternoon to ye both, ah.." Merida struggled with my name.  "Ree..pun..zahl?  And Flynn."  
I nodded, with a smile.  
"Well, I'm sure you both are tired from your long ride to this place.  Why don't I show you to our shelf?  We all share the same shelf, because Tangled Fan 2013 doesn't have much shelf space - between all those books and her 18" dolls, we're lucky to get a shelf at all!"  Rayne joked. 
At the word 'book', I promptly looked around.  Nearly every shelf was covered with books, sketchbooks or art material - and any shelf that wasn't housing books, seemed to house huge dolls - probably the 18" ones.  
"Thank you," I said politely.  I was still feeling pretty awkward and shy, so I kept a tight hold on Flynn's arm.  He hadn't spoken a word since the introductions.  
We hung back and followed Rayne, Merida, and - I hate to call her this, but that's what she's nicknamed, so I suppose I should - Blondie, back to the shelf.  
"Are you okay?"  I whispered.  
"I'm just not so sure if - what's her name..Merida!  I'm not so sure if Merida is happy to see us here."  
"I get the same feeling..." I admitted.  
When we got back up there, I noticed it was taking Merida a long time to get up to the shelf, so I whispered to Rayne, "Is Merida upset about us being here?"
"No, no; she's fine with it.  Her legs are just really bothering her today, and she gets crabby when they're sore."  
"Her..legs?"
"She has last year's articulation - jointed knees, hips and ankles - and they were deformed.  They're sore sometimes, kind of like arthritis in humans."  
"Ohhh," I said, instantly feeling remorseful for assuming she didn't like us.  

Finally, Merida's head popped up and she, panting, threw her bow onto the floor of the shelf, and dragged herself back up.  I wasn't sure if I should help her or if she would be mad if I would help; so I just stood there, feeling horribly indecisive and awkward still.  
Flynn sat down beside me after Merida was back where she wanted to be at.  I sat down beside him and leaned my head on his shoulder.  I really was exhausted, and almost instantly fell asleep again  - jet lag, is that what it's called?  Regardless, I was just pleased to be out of that sweltering box with those nasty plastic ties and such!  



No comments:

Post a Comment