Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I'm baack!! My side of the engagement & homecoming (=

Hi all!! I'm baack!!!  Sooo glad to be back!
 And...
My arm works!  Woooohoooo!  
(In case you haven't noticed, I'm in a generally awesome mood right now.  Wouldn't you be too?!)  

I can move my hair and actually brush my hair now!  Yay!!
And if you haven't already heard via this post, Flynn and I are officially engaged.  
I suppose before I show any pictures or continue into the homecoming, I should tell my side of the engagement.  
So after Flynn left Sunday, I was feeling pretty drained - emotionally, mentally, and I don't know what all else!  I wasn't sure what I wanted, either.  I mean, I did like Flynn - come on, every time I as much as saw him, I got all butterfly-ey in my stomach.  (I know, butterfly-ey isn't a word but that's the best description I can think of :P).  But weren't we going a bit too quickly?!  We'd known each other for quite awhile if you count the time we were beside one another at the warehouse.  But still.  But after I'd thought a long while, I was pretty okay with it.  

And then I overheard Tangled Fan saying that if she couldn't fix my arm, she would likely get rid of me on eBay.  I'd been told about eBay before by Rayne.  Whatever dolls weren't liked or whatever, were sold on there.  Um, no thanks.  
So I asked one day, just generally, if dolls were sent to eBay if they were engaged to a doll here.  When Tangled Fan said no, that they'd likely stay together if they were engaged, and not be sold or anything, I knew what I had to do.  I didn't want to be sent to eBay just because I was dragging my feet a little - especially if Flynn was okay with being engaged already!  
After my surgery, Tangled Fan explained that my arm surgery either might not completely fix it, if at all, or it would fix it completely and everything would be all happy.  
So when he visited again Tuesday, I was really awkward and quiet because I didn't know what to say to explain that.  So I finally just let 'er rip.  
And then Flynn kind of hesitated, and if I'd had a stomach, I probably would have felt like my stomach was likely dropping clear down to my plastic toes! So much so that I just had to sit down, before I threw up or passed out or something - I was fairly certain of my fate at that point.  I know there are thousands of other Flynn dolls out there, but they weren't my Flynn.  They all have different personalities, you know.  
But then he grabbed my arm and fairly yanked out the ribbon.  At that point, I REALLY almost passed out, but from excitement.  I could hardly wait till he was done braiding my hair and fixing the ribbon onto my hair, and as soon as he did, I wheeled around and grabbed him into a kiss.  So there - we're engaged now, so I'll let you get to enjoying our pics!  Phew, this is gonna be one lonnng post.  Sorry!



I think this should be our official engagement picture.  :P What do you think?


In this one, we were trying to make that heart sign with our hands, but Flynn's hand is, like, HUGE compared to mine, so it's a pretty funky-shaped heart.  But you get the idea :D




Once we were done with engagement pictures, we were finally able to go back to the shelves.  

First we made a pitstop to visit Rayne, Blondie, and Merida.  
As soon as we entered, all heads turned to me. 

Merida was the first to jump up and grab me into an excited hug.  Then she held me out at arm's length and exclaimed, "Your arm!  It's fixed!"  

I laughingly held my arms up and everyone cheered.  Who knew us dolls could get so excited about someone's arm surgery going well?

But Rayne knew something more was going on.  
Pointing, she asked, "Did I see something in your hair?

With a small...okay, fine.  With a HUGE grin, I pulled my hair up to show the ribbon, and she clapped. 
"Wonderful!  Any plans made yet?"
"Not really,"
"Oh, you can wear my dress and veil!"
"Oh, no - they're yours!"
"I'd love for you to wear them.  It would look GORGEOUS on you."  
"Well..."
" 'Why, yes, Rayne, I would LOVE to wear your dress!' "  She said, laughingly.  
"Okay..why, yes, Rayne, I would LOVE to wear your dress!" I giggled.  "No, really, thanks."  
  

Blondie threw her arms into the air.  "Oh, it'll be an awesome wedding - I know it!"  
We all chuckled.

So then we talked for a good while.  So long, in fact, that Flynn finally decided to just go back down to our shelf and sit.  I suspect his back was getting to him, what with having to stand stooped over for such a long time.  
Before I left, I unbraided my hair (which had become somewhat messy), and tied the ribbon at the top of my head.  

Yes. I know.  I look like I'm wearing rabbit ears. :D  

Flynn met me just before I entered the shelf.  
"Home, sweet home," he trailed off. "Er...shelf, sweet shelf."  
I laughed and he grinned.  I was glad he was back to his silly self!  
"It's...nice," I said.  "Different from the other shelf, but nice.  It just feels kind of weird being down here alone!"  
He nodded and patted the box (it was a Hallmark 2012 ornament...of me.  Tangled Fan is quite the, uh, Tangled.  Fan.  Heheheh) and I clambered on top of it to sit.  He took the chair, and we talked for a good long while, just about stuff in general.  

I daresay that I look forward to many a night of doing exactly this with Flynn!  (=

No comments:

Post a Comment